Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-09-2002, 10:22 PM
Inactive User

Default Need audio help!!!!

I'm hoping someone can give a little guidance.I'm setting up a sound system for my 70 convertible runner. As a starting point I have a sony 40x4 reciver with c/d player that will be mounted in the glove box. I have the factory speaker grille covers that go on the dash top at each corner.These will be filled with 3-1/8 polk audio speakers.I would like to run the Aura bass shakers under the front bench.(this set-up comes with their own 100 wat amp and two of the shakers...one for each side.) I need input..... if this will be adequate or if there will have to be some mids added somewhere.The two options are lower doors,toward the front about 5-1/4 max or some 6 rounds in the rear interior panels.But I'd rather not cut the rear panels up. anyone??????
I mainly listen to alternative rock but also zep,stevie ray,and a-
smith with a little jazz mixed in too.Volume will have to be neccesary to over power exhaust and road noise with top down...
Thanks in advance, Stick
Old 12-09-2002, 11:05 PM
Inactive User

why not put them in the trunk?

you really can't hear the bass outside, but it sounds great on the inside, nice and clean. unless of course, i open the trunk lid...then you can REALLY hear it on the outside

overall sounds pretty good to me, though, i'm not an audio expert, engine performance is more of my thang...
Old 12-11-2002, 05:48 AM
Inactive User

well I for one am not familiar with the bass shakers,I know of them but I dont know what kind of power they push
from the sounds of it you would prob like more midrange tho
what shape are your kick panels in?
if you are decent at fiberglass you could custom make kick panels for up to a 6 1/2 speaker
in the lower doors is also an opion,depends if you want to cut your panels or not,and if there is room behind them,should be

do you have any speakers in the back,possible between the seat back and the top?
my mom has a 75 buick lesabre convert and it has a spot for a pair of 6X9s there
dont know about yours but you could pull the rear seat back with the top down and check for room,make sure there is plenty of clearence for the top moving
Old 12-12-2002, 06:45 AM
Inactive User

Somone makes a universal "kick" planel. Don't rember who. I belive you can one that will acomadate componets (Tweeter, woffer, crossover,ect) Take a ride by your local radio shop. They should have some. As far as the subs, your better of getting a 2 10" or 12" box and an Amp, and putting it in the trunk. It will sound better.