Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Inactive User

Cry I got ripped off

I got ripped off In the school parking lot. Someone busted my window and stole my sony cd player, my audoibahn amp, my 1000w sub and about 30 cd's. It happened on Tuesday Jan21 in broad daylight at Northampton High School. DONT THAT SUCK. ALL THE STUFF INCLUDING THE WINDOW WAS ABOUT $1500
Old 01-26-2003, 03:02 AM
Inactive User

that does suck
I got ripped off before as well
they got the CD player,and my 2 amps
they didnt go into the truck for some unknown reason
so they didnt get the shuttle,and the subs
I was lucky there,it ran right up to my limit of 1500 as it was
I did have an alarm,but it wasnt working at the time
thats what my insurance money went to,alarm/starter combo
Old 01-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy I feel your pain...

Some years ago I also had my car broken into and they took everything in it (thankfully they did not see my wallet, which I left in it by accident) except the speakers (took the sub).

I think I had between $1K-2K worth of stuff in it at the time. Ever since then I still put stereo equipment in my car, but I don't even come close to spending that much. I'd hate to think all of it would be stolen again.
Old 01-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Inactive User

Idea

Sorry to here that I know how it feels. I was thinking of trying to sue the county for not having cameras in the parking lot. Or maby the school system. I have ears and eyes looking out for me to see if they here or see anything.If i find out and i know the person or not They are in for the beating of there life then the police can take care of the rest.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Inactive User

Keep checking your local pawn shops to see if somebody sells your stuff. They could possibly help if you see your stuff in the shop.

That really sucks man. Back 13 years ago, my senior year in high school, I got ripped off in the parking lot of a movie theater, along with 17 other cars/trucks! I came out of the movie hit my alarm button, the lights flashed but there was no sound. I noticed something on my hood. It was my alarm siren!!! The thieves actually put it on my hood as if to say hahaha! Get this, no broken windows and all my doors were locked and my hood was latched! No fingerprints, except mine. Opened up the door, nothing but wires. $5,800.00 worth of audio equipment gone! Kenwood Cd, Kenwood EQ, 4 Rockford Fosgate 12" competition subs, 2 10" subs (same), 2 8" subs (same), 4 6-1/2" subs (same), 2 Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 amps (which back then were about $1,100 ea), 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 150 amps, 1 Rockford Fosgate Punch 75 amp, complete MB Quartz Speaker set (mids, tweeters, etc.), Couple Farad Caps, about 200 cd's, and a partridge in a pear tree! All this, and 17 other cars/trucks worth, stolen in the length of one movie! This is the best part . . . the very next night I was driving by the movie theater, saw blue lights, so I stopped. Saw the cop that wrote up my report the night before. They caught 4 "boys" doing the same thing. They had already gotten through 14 cars when someone called the cops that was passing by. Same stupid "boys" as the night before in the same parking lot! The reason I say "boys" is this . . . 2 were 12 years old, 1 was 13 years old, and the mastermind was 15 years old. None of them had drivers licenses and the cops said that these guys were definately what they considered professionals! The van they were using to haul the stuff in was stolen also. Luckily they recovered about half of my stuff and the other half was covered under insurance. Anyway sorry so long winded . . . just had to tell that story! GOOD LUCK WITH FINDING YOU STUFF!!
Old 01-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down Stereo/Electronics Thieves

My son has been victimized twice.

His Chev Tahoe has a DVD system that was built-in to the front seat head rests. This allows the parents to play the Disney movies for the grandchildren in the back.

The first time the car was parked outside a restaurant and when they came out they found the alarm bypassed and the monitors ripped out and the player gone too.

The last time, one of the family cars was parked outside their garage and the Tahoe was inside. The thieves broke the window on the outside car and used it's Garage Door remote to open the door. They pulled out all the monitors again and this time they were scared away, because when the family got up in the morning, they found all the stuff piled up on the garage floor with the garage door half-open. The worst part of the whole deal is that this scum was inside their garage while the family was asleep upstairs!

My Son is convinced that there is a connection between the thieves and the installers. Otherwise how would they know where to do their dirty deeds? The rear windows are dark and it is not obvious that there is anything to steal
Old 01-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: Stereo/Electronics Thieves

Quote:
Originally posted by polarapete
My Son is convinced that there is a connection between the thieves and the installers. Otherwise how would they know where to do their dirty deeds? The rear windows are dark and it is not obvious that there is anything to steal
Could also be "friends" doing the bad deeds. They would know about the stuff too.

That's interesting about the garage door thing. I explicitly take mine out of the truck that sits outside for that possible reason. Just call me paranoid...
Old 01-28-2003, 05:16 AM
Inactive User

sorry but I have to
LOL
kind of reminds me of when my buddies moms minivan got stolen
they grabed the keys his dad left in his major pos S10 and used her spare keys

but seriously
if they want your system or car they will take it
just watch gone in 60 sec-all that high end stuff,and all it takes is to know what you are doing and they dont stand a chance

I had an alarm in my car,but is wasnt working at the time-no working siren
my buddy took it to work one night
alot of cars in the parking lot were hit-all minor stuff
mine they left cause of the flashing light-I figure they would of tried it last just in case but they were chased off

the first defence I can say is an alarm
but even more important than the type/brand is the install
I read a story in a car audio mag about alarms
they took 3 different cars,put in different alarms
let 3 ex cons go at them and timed them
the quickest one was less than a min,from start to drive away
the longest was 3 min I think
all installs were from pro installers
Old 01-28-2003, 05:20 AM
Inactive User

forgot to say
always check local pawn shops/stereo shops that carry used stuff
not just in your town,but every place you can get to
a friend of mine had a tool box stolen from his car
went to the pawn shop the next day and found it
got the tool box back and got the name of the guy who took it there
Old 01-30-2003, 06:13 PM
Inactive User

if someone is going to go the gone in 60 secs route... and spend all that money on the devices i say let them take it... most of the time its just stupid druggies or gangsters trying to make a quick buck stealing your stereo. most cases of stollen cars are just for joyrides anyways. but i am sorry about your stereo. i would kill if mine was taken
Old 02-09-2003, 12:25 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy

Yesterday saturday the 8 03' One of my friends truck was broken into. They tried to get the stero out but couldnot. They stole money out of the truck. They ripped the seats all to hell because they couldnot get the stero out. It was a 1998 Dodge 1500. The person who did this made one mistake they cut their finger trying to get the stero out. I hope it is a link between his and mine.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:33 PM
Inactive User

I work at a caraudio place in cinci we were thinking of making a dummy car so theves would try to break in it and boom there dead some hangernades or c4 do the trick

dam theves
Old 02-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Inactive User

Default Me too...

3 times to be exact. It royally sucks 'cuz you want to just find out who it was and beat the hell out of them! First time was with my 83' Cutlass Supreme in my HS parking lot, about $1200 worth. Second time was with the exact same car, but in Columbus, OH. That time, it was over $5000 worth (thank god everything was insured!). The last time was my old beater 85' plymouth duster. They stole my sparkomatic bass cannon... BASTARDS! Anyway, I feel your pain!