Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-23-2003, 04:52 PM
Inactive User

Default 1997 Jeep Grand Audio Problem

I have the infinity gold system in my vehicle.The radio,cassette player and CD player all function properly,but theres no sound at all.Has anyone ever had this problem.I have checked all wiring and the plug-in's on the amp and I can't find anything wrong.I can plug a speaker into the back of the radio and I get the sound.Does this mean the amp's bad or the wiring harness or what should I check next?Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:01 PM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

The Infinity is a wonderful sound system. I have the same in my RC (from a '98 GC) I would try to get something to check the signal where it plugs right INTO the amplifier. If you are getting an audio signal there but not out of the amp, it pretty much points to the amp it'self. I had an intermittent problem with my amp that was simple to repair (once located) there were hairline fractures in the solder at the terminals for the audio output I.C's.
I would imagine, caused by vibration and the heat \ cool cycles of getting turned on and off for 5 years. If you are handy with a small soldering iron, get a magnifying glass and go for it. That's what I did. I figure I saved about 75 bux.

-Hope this might help you.

Mcguyver
Old 04-01-2003, 09:26 AM
Inactive User

Have a 98 Dakota, Infinity premium sound system.... when we replaced the HeadUnit with and aftermarket I found out the hard way that the wire labelled remote/ant is used to power the external amp... if you have replaced the HU make sure thie remote input to the amp is connected...

Tne amp itself also has different power input than the HU, fuses, check the fuses....
Old 04-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Thanks for the information.I own a salvage yard and I bought a Jeep Grand at the car sale and it had the infinity gold system,so I took the amp out of it and plugged it into my jeep and the stereo works perfectly now.