Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-17-2003, 10:52 PM
Inactive User

Default 92 ext. cab interior replacements

Hey guys. I'm fairly certain the rear two speakers in my extended cab are blown and the front two, even though they aren't technically blown, they blow. As far as I know, the fronts are 5.25" and the rears are some ODD F#CKING size that only a few people make (5x7) I want to install some nice new speakers in their places. Possibly three way, atleast 2 way. I've got a current audio project going on at the moment. If anyone knows the gen II extended cabs, you know the box that is under the rear two fold down seats. I've gutted that and made it solid (removed the doors and fixed some plywood over it. I'm on installing two JBL 12" in there and some infitity 6x9s next to them. Should turn out alright but now I want to replace the interior speakers so they don't have to play second fiddle to the box in the rear. Basically what I'm asking for here is what line of speakers should I go with? My price range for a set is $220 max. What do you guys think? JBL? Inifity? Rockford? Thanks. Also, is there any way to get 6x9s in the rear, where the old 5x7s mounted? That'd be excellent. One last one. Does anyone with a gen II have aftermarket speakers in the cab and if so, do you still have that ugly mesh faceguard over the speakers? Can I just put the grill that comes with the new speakers on and leave the mesh off or will there be a huge ugly hole? Thanks again guys. I know this was pretty long

-Fox Deacon