Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-08-2004, 02:02 AM

content Need info concerning operation, "cleaning", of an ALpine Cd receiver.......

I have a Alpine High Power CD Receiver model # CDA-7894 It is the V-Power and it has MP3, MX, and also XM. I think it is time to have the lens cleaned as it has never been done and I have had the unit for at least 2 years. The sounds seams to sound a little muffled also. The owners manual states that I need to consult my nearest Alpine dealer to have the pick-up lens cleaned. It also states that I can not use commercial available lens cleaner disk. How much will the Alpine dealer cost me and how long will they keep my unit. Also Is their anything I can do or can I purchase some special lens cleaner that they use. Need info.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:28 AM

Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-17-2004, 03:33 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

I have a phillips brushing disc-but you said those are a nono,thats all I have ever used.If it still plays I wouldnt worry.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:26 AM

Question

The owners manual says do not use them. I don't know why. It still plays but it sounds a little muffeled like the heads are too dirty on a tape deck.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Inactive User

I would suspect a cone seperation in a speaker or wiring issues instead.I know on alot of the high end CD players they seem to just sort of give up at about the end of their warrenty peroid and when you trade them in they just replace a capacitor and sell them again.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:31 AM

Question

I need to find a car cd receiver cleaner, one made specialy for a car. As far as the replaced capacitor is concerned where and which would it be?
Old 11-30-2004, 04:32 PM
Inactive User

Default digital music

The muffled sound coming from your CD player should not be your laser pick-up. As far as I know, the music on a cd is digital and read by a laser. Therefore if the lens is dirty, it won't pick up well and your player will skip more. It acts kind of like satellite tv, when the signal gets bad, it freezes up. As far as I know, digital music is either perfect coming off the cd, or not working,...not being read right. Cassette tapes are analog and the pick-up is electro-magnetic. When the head gets dirty that will affect your sound. Your problem will more likely be in your speakers. After a while they wear out a little and lose their elasticity.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:55 AM

Well should I have the lens cleaned due to the fact that it has never been done?