PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Roadrunner largest wheel/tires no mods

Kip Page
04-15-2006, 02:42 PM
does anyone know what the largest wheel and tire combo you can use on the rear of a 1969 roadrunner without moving springs. Also I will need the correct backspacing. I want to use Weld Drag lites and Mickey Ts

Xterminator
04-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Check out the answers to my posts and a lot others and you'll really get confused. Bottom line seems to be that you have to take the car to a tire shop that specializes in custom wheels and tires. Beleive me, I live in a pretty large metro. area and most of the so called race tire dealers are more ignorant than I am. GOOD LUCK.

dwc43
04-16-2006, 10:24 PM
I ran an 11.5 inch wide slick on my '70 RoadRunner. I no longer have it so I don't remember whaqt backspacing I used. :thumbsup:

fuktifino
04-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi, Kip. Check out my reply in the "Will this combination work for sure" thread in this forum. Good luck.

Kip Page
04-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Check out the answers to my posts and a lot others and you'll really get confused. Bottom line seems to be that you have to take the car to a tire shop that specializes in custom wheels and tires. Beleive me, I live in a pretty large metro. area and most of the so called race tire dealers are more ignorant than I am. GOOD LUCK.

I know there was a article in Mopar Muscle and it was on a 70 RR and it was vitc orange and it had big meats....does anyone know what issue I am talking about.??????

Kip Page
04-17-2006, 06:53 PM

that issue is close to a year old by the way

fuktifino
04-18-2006, 06:52 AM
I'll check my archives when I get home. Do you remember what diameter wheels it had?

Kip Page
04-26-2006, 02:58 PM
I'll check my archives when I get home. Do you remember what diameter wheels it had?

I think they were 15x10 with mickeys on them...I think the car was owned a girl.....vit c with balck strips....thanks Kip

Kip Page
05-14-2006, 02:09 PM
does anyone know what the largest wheel and tire combo you can use on the rear of a 1969 roadrunner without moving springs. Also I will need the correct backspacing. I want to use Weld Drag lites and Mickey Ts

Anyone have any new information for me....thanks:dude: