Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Inactive User

Default Car Stereo Install for 77 Plymouth Volare

I have a 1977 Plymouth Volare and want to install my dual cd player from one of my previous cars(all other cars were much more modern), and theres no wire harness adapter for the volare. Every other time ive put in a cd player it was much easier because of the simpleness of color coordination matching but now there's no adapter, just an orange wire, a red wire, a black/green wire, a wide yet very thin wireish thing connected with a bolt(which im guessing is some sort of a ground connection?), and the antenna input. Ik there has to be like a battery connection and an ignition wire but im not sure which they would be? because i'm almost positive that the green/black wire is for the speaker in the front dash because it leads directly to the topside of the dash. Any help on which wires they might be, and what i will need to connect them to on my cd player for it to work properly?

Thank you
P.S. I dont really want anything completely permanent, as i enter the car in car shows and will be putting the stock cd player back in for them, but id prefer anything permanent not being in the question if possible.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:14 PM

Wow... Was Plymouth that far ahead of the times? Having a CD player in a car that was manufactured many years before the first CD.

Orange - instrument lights
Red - switched power
Mesh - ground
Black/Green - dash speaker

There was no factory battery connection.

You would be better off getting an FM modulator for an iPod. Then you don't have to swap the radio for a car show.