Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:35 PM

Default New to me modified

So I'm getting tired of the no tech lower classes that I've been running and got myself a modified roller. I'm told it's a 06 RCR which may be a Diamond? Any way it's a "big metric" airframe and is set up right now as 4bar left Z right it has separate shocks with coil over eliminator spring mounted to swing arm right side and behind on left. Both eliminations are shot and no markings on them so don't know what rebuild kit to get. I talked to local speed shop and he said no one uses eliminations any more everyone uses the shock kit. This will be IMCA legal so I can go either way. I am starting to get what I need so I can be ready for next year . I try and get anything used that I can so I am keeping my eyes open for good used parts.
My question is what way would you set it up and the advantages or disadvantages of that choice. Car could also be set up 4bar..4bar as all the brackets are there. And has birdcage on both sides. Oh and has j bar and biscuit pull bar.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:22 PM

Default Setup

To me it all depends on the tracks that you intend to race. The chassis setup on the rear should reflect the radius of the corners where you race. In other words, if you run large wide cornered tracks, then the current setup might fit well. If you run a tight hair pin corner track then the 4 bar 4 bar might be best.

When the rear suspension is loaded, it dictates the direction of the car. With the Z on the right rear, you are relying on the left rear movement to match the radius of the corner with rear steer. There are other reasons why many prefer the 4 bar 4 bar setup though. A lot of it comes down to personal preference. Hopefully you can get a setup sheet that will help with initial setup.

Best of luck in your quest!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:20 AM

I have tried to contact RCR and diamond but neither one has got back to me.
If I was to change the car to coil over shocks what would be the best location for the coil overs. right now its RR shock aft of rear and spring mounted to swingarm and LR shoch forward spring behind mounted to birdcage.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:41 PM

Default Coil Over Eliminators

I guess I don't see why you would want to use coil overs versus coil over eliminators. The reason is that if you want to make a shock change you also have to either swap the spring or have an additional spring already mounted and set up on the other shock. Maybe on the right rear I could see the logic, but i can't on the left rear.

Typically the shock front/spring rear is used on the left rear. This allows the use of indexing to help keep spring weight on the left rear and also stroke the shock more to make it more effective. Some builders use the front mounted shock as a travel stop also. It just depends on what they designed into the chassis.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:25 PM

Thank you 340 that's what I was looking for. I will get some new eliminators and stay with the setup that was on it to start with.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:15 AM

Well I picked up a Burt trany this weekend so now I need a IMCA legal bellhousing and flywheel/ringgear and the drive coupler. So if anyone has any of the above for sale I would be interested.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:27 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttrackracer View Post
Well I picked up a Burt trany this weekend so now I need a IMCA legal bellhousing and flywheel/ringgear and the drive coupler. So if anyone has any of the above for sale I would be interested.
I've still got your old bellhousing and flywheels. LOL!
Old 07-25-2015, 02:38 PM

I could use the flywheel with the weight added for the external balance but that's about it.
IMCA requires a steel bell housing and a full size ring gear
Old 08-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttrackracer View Post
I could use the flywheel with the weight added for the external balance but that's about it.
IMCA requires a steel bell housing and a full size ring gear
75 plus shipping?

And if you know anyone that wants the rest of the stuff let me know.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:10 PM

OK , small USPS flat rate box should work. How you want to be paid? Paypal or money order. Pm me.