Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:43 PM

Default rear discs

I installed rear discs on my factory stock and can't seem to get the pedal to firm up. I replaced the original 15/16 master with a 1.031 one and it helped but still have lots of pedal travel and not enough pressure to the rear.. I have the line on the master the way they were stock with the bigger reservoir going to the front and small to the rear. should I reverse them or is there a better way. Rules require stock type mastercylinder and one only.
When I removed the residual valve I did notice that there are 2 pistons in there separated by a spring I was thinking of putting a solid spacer in there in lew of the spring???
Old 03-01-2017, 10:05 PM

Default Air

My best guess is that you have air in the line somewhere. I typically will use a syringe to suck or push brake fluid out of or into the system. They can be difficult to get the air out. Keep trying to bleed the brakes and start with the farthest one first.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:09 AM

That was my thought and I have blead them several times. I clocked the calipers so the bleeder is the highest spot but It is possible. I think I will leave the lines connected but take them off there mountys and try and make the air go to the bleeder.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:37 AM

Default potentials

I'm thinking (1) air (2) too small of bore MC (3) restriction in lines somewhere. do they pump up? (air). If air as you noted remove & tilt em as a helper works the pedal to bleed em out. the bleeder might be at 12 0'clock but where the passage meets the bore it might not be exactly straight up & pumping the pedal several times to agitate the fluid then with good timing you open the bleeder on his 4th downstroke to get the turbulent fluid/air mixture out of there & a good idea to have a block under the pedal to limit the pedal travel to its normal range & that also helps him control the pedal stopping point better. make sure the MC is bled out first & get the fronts high and tight first (port next to firewall)