Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:01 PM

Default Roll Call

Ok let's check ing what's everybody working on, me built a new car starting to rebody one of my other ones, and next winter I'm putting my first car back in the jig and taking it from 104" back to 108" and reboding it for next season and after that I'll be done I think. Want to go do a salt flat run before I stop racing.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 AM

Season opener is May 25th for me. The car is virtually untouched from last season. Needs a fresh set of heads and new pushrods along with some cooling help. The new hauler is home now but like everything needs some work to be more user friendly.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:36 AM

Still collecting parts and doing some work on my MasterSbilt DLM to run at Shawano Speedway... sending the crank out for repair and the block will be headed out to get a couple sleeves...

Went to the season opener at Shawano Sat night.... 5000 in the stands and 159 cars in five classes.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:32 PM

Default Working on Stuff

I have been putting a lot of time into the cars and engines. I may not get out much this year, we will have to see how things shape up. I have completing interests for my time in the summer. I help promote concerts in the summer with a partner. They are usually on the weekends and tie a bit of time and cash. I want to get both cars out at least a couple of times this year.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:55 PM

they changed the rules upped to 400 cubes and aluminum heads and roller cams I might go down once to run with my boys but I think its asking a bit much for my cast heads and solid cam
Old 05-26-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340king View Post
I have been putting a lot of time into the cars and engines. I may not get out much this year, we will have to see how things shape up. I have completing interests for my time in the summer. I help promote concerts in the summer with a partner. They are usually on the weekends and tie a bit of time and cash. I want to get both cars out at least a couple of times this year.
Sounds like a good gig, Brad. I moved to Fairmont, MN now and thought I might make the trip over if you're going to be running some night. I still show that video of your 318 spanking them to any Chebby guy that I see. Makes them sick! Have a great Summer.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:30 PM

Default Projects, projects, and more projects

Hey team, it's been a while. I moved from Missouri to Fairmont, MN back in 2014, and have gotten myself involved in several projects. I purchased a '69 Roadrunner project, a '48 Plymouth Club coupe project, and still race my IMCA modified when I can. I am gathering pieces for a 360 sportmod engine, and over the winter I acquired 2-sets of NASCAR R6/P8 engine parts. I got 2 blocks, 2 sets of heads (not machined UGH!), 2 intake manifolds (again, unmachined), 2 water manifolds, 2 water pumps, and 2 sets of Jesel valve gear for them. I've been looking into finding the rotating assembly to make one of these into a USRA mod engine, and maybe trading the other for some W2 heads, valve gear, etc. Again, the title of my post, projects, projects, projects. Have a great summer all, and..................
Old 06-04-2017, 07:15 PM

I'm still acquiring parts for my late model. Got enough suspension stuff.... shocks, spring, heims, etc. Still need to install the correct upper and lower a-arms on the chassis. Then the crank and block will make the trip to the original builedr to get repaired... gotta get four pistons built, get a cam from Mike Jones, etc.

Bought some wheels, too.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:27 PM

Im still the Tech Inspector at Perris Auto speedway. Its a lot of fun to show up with my Mopar crew shirt and inspect all them Chebys LOL. I am currently helping a friend who has had a life long dream to race stock cars. Its a camaro and its asphalt but its still racing and we are having fun so that's what counts. I did also buy a honda civic turn key for 600.00 and will be racing it in a class called Barber pole, heck its 300 to win!!
Old 06-11-2017, 03:22 PM

Go dirtmopar racing is racing the boys Chebby was not ready so we rolled out the old scamp the little 360 worked hard but after a 25 lap main it was no match for two of the 400 ci aluminum head roller cam cars we have beat in the past but we were racing