Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-26-2002, 12:32 AM
Inactive User

Question Boost Gauge

Okay so the SC is finally in. I have tried to call Kenne Bell and I have e-mailed them but no response. To anyone who knows, where should I tap in for the Boost gauge? There is nothing in the manual and I do not want any trouble from them should I ever have a warranty issue. Is there a certain place they say to do it? Or is pretty much anywhere there is boost okay? Thanks.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:47 AM
Inactive User

Default bg

try the line between the boost sol and the dump valve (sorry not sure of the name) its the line that runs from the valve on the altinator to the round black thiny next to the maf sensor....i know your all laughing now....hows the sc working
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00667 (small) (2).jpg (57.1 KB, 46 views)
Old 04-27-2002, 01:25 AM
Inactive User

Thanks, I wasn't sure and I did not want to put it in a spot that would give me warranty issues later. They seem to be pretty particular about the way stuff goes together. The unit works beautifully. I was worried at first because my knock sensor display did not light up the first bar or two like they said would happen. I was driving all careful until the next day when I would have a chance to look over the wiring. Then some ass decided to screw with me so I hit it. The knock sensor hit a couple on the first shift and that was it. I tested it the next day and it was fine. Other than that the only problem is that my gas mileage seems to have gone down. It is awesome. I cannot wait to get the headers and the complete exhaust job done to see how that works out! How is yours? Did all the problems get worked out?
Old 04-27-2002, 11:51 AM
Inactive User

Okay stupid question time. Is the boost gauge supposed to read vacuum when you are not on the gas? I have never had a vehicle with a boost gauge nor have I ever seen one in operation before. I just want to make sure that it is hooked up okay. It reads about 20 vacuum and shoots up to about 7-8 boost on hard acceleration. Is this normal? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2002, 10:08 AM
Inactive User

yes
Old 04-28-2002, 12:54 PM
Inactive User

Hey Blackdak00, I see you have a flowmaster muffler dumped. I am going to do a full exhaust job on my truck. What are the plusses and minuses of dumping the muffler? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2002, 02:53 PM
Inactive User

To my knowledge their arn't really any set pluses or minuses of "dumping the muffler. I did it because there wasn't much room for the exhasut to run over my axle tubes and bed with my truck being lowered. Plus it gives a nice clean look, nothing hanging out from under the truck. Downside is it gives you a little more interior noise.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:30 PM
Inactive User

Default yes probs worked out

hi arawn glad to here you sc works good i know what you mean when someone edges you and the surpise thyey get when you floore it...kb looked after me real well took care of everything...vac at idle should be 18-20 for a good engine im told although mine idles at 16 ok so might be the gauge or normal dont know but runs good...i went camping this weekend and can tell all that if you tow this is a must mod handle so good and sooo much power that the tranny handles towing much better with less stress...have fun with your sc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00901 (small).jpg (52.7 KB, 15 views)