Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dakota Truck Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Inactive User

Default cruise control

Whats up Mopar fans
The question that I have is, what parts are involved in the cruise control. I currently own a 94 3.9 Dakota Sport which has the airbag, but cruise control was not installed at the factory. I would really like the factory cruise control installed, and would like to know what parts I would need from the junkyard to make this possible? Or do they make a bolt on kit, like the ones for the GenIII.
Thank you for your help.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:37 AM
Inactive User

go to local dealer, ask them to look it up, im sure its discontinued, but there may still be 1 somewhere in the u.s. bet it cost 200buck but youl have all you need and the instructions, you could probably install it yourself, just remember to leave the wheels
straight ahead when you take the strg wheel off to replace the clockspring. or you may off center the new clockspring, this will ruin it on the 1st turn.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Inactive User

I think an aftermarket cruise would be cheaper. I use top of the line Rostra unit for my other truck. Works better than the factory cruise. Info at www.rostra.com Most hot rodders use their stuff. My Dakota does not have a factory cruise either. It has $99 unit from AudioVox. Works okay except for hills. I think it just needs an added vacuum source to pull the throttle. Since the unit is not tied into the computer, the tranny does not downshift and accelerate like it would with a factory unit.
The factory units may or may not be vacuum controlled. If they are eletricall the addition should be easy. Problem is running all the wiring through the column. All the electrical connections should already by there.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:43 AM
performance engines

Default cruise

from my research on this when I had a dak sport, the wiring is already there, the speed control kit runs about 190.00, it is the factory one, easy to install, only thing to worry about is the airbag when you install the steering wheel stuff.