Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Diesel & Turbo Diesel Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:51 AM

Default 07 trans

ok i just got my truck back from the dealer with trans problems, they replaced the torque converter and front pump, before it was slipping when shifting into 2nd and when you first got in the truck and put it in gear you would have to hold the throttle to the floor to get it to go, but once you took off it would take gear, now that it's back the trans is still jerking when shifting into second gear, and i only have a week left on my warranty, well guess the wonderful folks at dodge are gonna try and screw me, because i know it don't take two weeks to put a tq converter and front pump in, but anyway i was wondering what to do to make the trans last longer in these trucks?? i was thinking aftermarket torque converter, but would that reduce the life of my trans?? because i read an old article in a mopar magazine about how the older say mid 90s cummins came with a looser converter to reduce strain on the trans, so is this still the case with the newer ones?? whats some simple upgrades to help the trans last longer with a programmer and other bolt ons??