Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Diesel & Turbo Diesel Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-19-2001, 02:51 PM
Inactive User

Default PA DYNO DAY and TDR CHAPTER START

I know this is kinda short notice for most everybody,,On Saturday August 25th we are having a Dyno event for diesels and a meeting to start a diesel TDR club,,It is posted on the TDR and any diesel owner is welcome,,The cost to dyno for three pulls is $60 and includes both HP and Torque readings,,Its a Dyno Jet with load capabilities,,Now keep in mind we are going to allow the TDR guys first crack at the jet and we'll fill after,,Start is at about 8:30 am and when ever we finish we finish,,They are allowed to pull till 9 pm before we have to quit,,Those who were always curious about turning up their diesels will see some there already done,,Let me know if interested and I'll make sure you have a way to get there,,We've got 9 confirmed to dyno now and more are welcome,,Drop me a message and I'll make sure you find the place......
Old 08-19-2001, 10:26 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation Driveline failure!

Not quite on the same wavelength as this thread started on but I thought I'd pass along what I saw a couple of weeks ago at an area Dodge dealer. Since BIG RED posted his 848 ft. lbs. torque figure it reminded me of the driveshaft I saw out of a Cummins truck that has been similarly turned up. The front half of the shaft was twisted several degrees out of it's original indexed position and the rear half of the shaft had the u joint that bolted to the diff broken out and the shaft yoke severely distorted. The truck wasn't there, just the shaft so I don't know if the yoke on the diff was similarly damaged.
I haven't dropped in on this forum much lately and I haven't bought my truck yet as it looks like my wife's 140,000 mile '93 Bonneville is going to get replaced first. That's kinda put my plans for a Cummins Dodge on hold for a little while. The Pontiac has suffered some reliability problems lately and I've had to spend some time patching it back together. Oddly enough last Monday I had to take my 2500 360 gas Ram with a trailer to pick the old Bonneville up in Columbus, Indiana, the home of Cummins Engine Corp. Is this some kind of ominous sign?
426DMB
Old 08-22-2001, 12:45 AM
Inactive User

Default Re: Driveline failure!

Quote:
Originally posted by 426DMB
I haven't dropped in on this forum much lately and I haven't bought my truck yet as it looks like my wife's 140,000 mile '93 Bonneville is going to get replaced first. That's kinda put my plans for a Cummins Dodge on hold for a little while. The Pontiac has suffered some reliability problems lately and I've had to spend some time patching it back together. Oddly enough last Monday I had to take my 2500 360 gas Ram with a trailer to pick the old Bonneville up in Columbus, Indiana, the home of Cummins Engine Corp. Is this some kind of ominous sign?
426DMB
I have the solution. Buy her the Cummins Ram and just borrow it every now and then.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:00 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation Gosh gitchesum, I hadn't thought of that........

I'll run that idea by her!
426DMB
Old 08-26-2001, 11:20 AM
Inactive User

???????????,,I do not get the message you are trying to tell me there 426DMB,,I mean anyone who tunes up a CTD knows that his/her warranty is null and void,,What I can not figure out here is WHY AND I MEAN ,OH WHY did you choose to post a riduclous statement like you did on this particular post????,, Sorry to hear about the loss of a chance to buy a truck,but,it happens when you drive brand-x stuff,,Always remember the golden rule when tuning up a Dodge Cummins,, "I AM MY OWN WARRANTY STATION",,Think it,eat it, sleep it and say it over and over many times you'll get it correct,,Warranty what warranty,I myself never claimed to want the 5 star idiots working on my truck and as far as the twisted driveshaft goes,,Man sounds like a dude I'd like to meet myself,,Think of it all that torque tearing and twisting,sounds like to me a guy that has it turned to the hilt,,Or since where you seen it at ,it may have beeen the remenants of a Mitchellized puller who needed a part replaced to drive home after a pull down there,,''REAL TRUCKS RATTLE''
Old 08-26-2001, 12:20 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation Whoa Big Red!

No message intended, I just thought it was kind of amusing to see the shaft destroyed by such a torrent of torque. In fact a technician at this particular Dodge dealer is the guy that turned this truck up. He does this on the side for the locals, several of which participate in area truck pulls which I heard was how this shaft met it's end. (Warranty consideration, less than than zero!)The distorted driveshaft was kind of a trophy of his success at making power. This guy at the dealer is good and definitely isn't one of the Five Star idiots. I know the kind you're referring to. There's plenty of those Five Star "parts replacers" around. I don't patronize them myself.
As far as the wife's Brand X, well that might be ridiculous but she has a mind oif her own.
426DMB