Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dodge Viper Chat...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Inactive User

Default Dodge Viper lifters

Hello,
First i'd like to say hello to everyone.This is my first time here and i came across the site while trying to find a Dodge Viper tech here in central Va where i live. I have a 94 Viper and last time i took er out for a drive it started lurching and jerking badly when i shifted to sixth gear. I know sixth gear on these has always been nearly useless below 80 mph,but it had always done ok for cruising. I have bought lower gears recently but yet to install them. I am trying to get a supposedly good Dodge mechanic at the dealership here to check my engine and especially the lifters as i was told by the previous owner's Father that his son (who is now incarcerated)..had done a lot of upgrades to the engine. Since i haven't been able to find out exactly what has been done,i wanted the mechanic to just check it out,but he seems wary to work on it. So,now i am trying to get help and cannot find anyone close who works on Vipers. Any suggestions?
Thanks,David