Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Drag Racing Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 PM

Default Impact Race equipment and SFI

What the hell? Impact is going to lose all their SFI cert on all equipment cause of a labeling issue? Does this mean current equipment? I have an Impact helmet. I can only imagine folks who bought their whole product line. From what I understand is Impact used their Hans non-cert device with a SFI sticker? Now being sued by Hans people for this. It is a SFI no-no. But to de-cert all of Impact products? Fu@%'n Corporate. All for the $$.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Inactive User

Cuda,
There is a lot more going on than just the sticker issue, but in your case, the helmet is Snell certified, the only possible issue is the lining is SFI certified. If they lose that, which looks likely, you can get around it by using a legal head sock, instead of buying a new helmet. Just be thankful you don't have a totally useless 2007 $1800 -20 suit hanging in your trailer, believe me it sucks big time..............
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23T-Wedge View Post
Cuda,
There is a lot more going on than just the sticker issue, but in your case, the helmet is Snell certified, the only possible issue is the lining is SFI certified. If they lose that, which looks likely, you can get around it by using a legal head sock, instead of buying a new helmet. Just be thankful you don't have a totally useless 2007 $1800 -20 suit hanging in your trailer, believe me it sucks big time..............
I'm sure there is. But I'm sure $$$ is the bottom line. I have seen Impact stuff saving fuelers butts all the time. Far more than the Hans. I just don't get why we have to suffer. Did all their equipment go bad over night? The so called "Thread problem" is only shown after the suit saved driver from burns. If SFI had to flip the replacement bill (Lets say for allowing it the first place) there would be no issue. Now I know there is a need for regulations (Hear that Wall Street) But it's easy for an organization to scream from the cheap seats. They don't have any product on the line.

Please excuse my whining. I am having some funding issues this year and being negative seems easier. I know SFI has our safety in mind, but I just get the feeling this is about attacking the industry leader for market gain.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Inactive User

The article I read, said Impact was warned to stop printing their own labels and ignored the warning. Sounds like a pissing match to me.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Inactive User

My 2007 -20 suit that won't recertify is a whole lot more than just a pissing match.................... I'd like to have Mr. Simpson try on the $1800 suit that he sold me and set his sorry ass on fire to re-create the picture he did in the 60's when he actually was making decent crap............
Old 05-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Inactive User

I don't think the pissing match is over yet. They go to court in May...OK, in a couple of weeks.