Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Drag Racing Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:34 PM

Default Wow. Is Mopar drag racing dead?

I'm pulling out the new build on Duster's 451. It ran 10.80s at about 600 horse to the wheels. The updated lower half (10.5 to 12.5 compression) with a little bigger cam spinning 500 more RPM should get 700 horse out of the low deck block. (I had to change fuel from pump gas to E85. So far I like the fuel response. Except it does eat noticeably more fuel.)

I'm hoping to pickup about 1/2 second. But past experience has taught me you NEVER go as fast as you hoped. But will see.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:18 PM

Mopar drag racing dead? With the recent factory showdown races I'd say it's better than its been for a good while.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:13 PM

Default NHRA P/S going away?

NHRA revamped the rules a few years ago in Pro Stock, changing to Fuel injection & changing RPM limits and some other rules altering suspensions etc. When they did this it made the Dodge P/S engine all but uncompetitive. Allen Johnson soldiered on for a season or two. He retired knowing that his Mopar/Dodge was going nowhere . NHRA has always had a bias toward GM and Chevy in particular, The rule changes have made it into an all Camaro class which is b-o-r-i-n-g ! To try and save this dying class guess what they did? Instead of fixing the rules (to help other makes) they announced they would allow Chevy engines in any car make. How stupid! No one wants to see a Dodge compete with a Chevy under the hood. Theres one guy who shows up with a Dodge Alan Prusinski he usually qualifies but is always a tenth off the rest of the field. The "factory Stock" class is now becoming an exciting class. Cars that compete in this class are Dodge "drag pack"Challengers, Chevy Camaro "copo" & mustangs with a similar drag package. This class is the future, Dodge's Ford's & Copo Camaros are all competitive. Pro Stock is dying with fiberglass replicas of Camaros competing in an all but dead class. (The grandstands clear out after the last funny car goes down the track) NHRA wake up! You have nearly killed off Pro Stock!
Old 08-08-2018, 11:52 AM

I have been watching some of the factory Stock stuff. Mopar dominates. (At least this year) It reminds me of the "Body in White" days.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:27 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking not based on the all MOPAR STOCK final at this past weekends first Division 7 event between Mike Cotton and winner John Dourlet... Just sayin...

Last edited by moparstockeliminator; 03-06-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:49 PM

Being a stocker racer, you probably noticed Randy Parker's late season surge in the old Paul Rossi Mirada?
Can't believe how strong it runs with that smog 360. Stockers continue to amaze me more than anything in drag racing.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:15 PM

It is amazing the performance. I haven't looked at the Stock Eliminator rules lately. They were usually the thickest chapter. But I'm betting it is even thicker?

Tags
e85 , fuel , gas , horse , response