Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > >

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-20-2001, 07:52 PM
Inactive User

Question

I recently aquired a pair of 64/65 race hemi heads. part #2531110 ( I think ) They have the Alcoa Stamp on them. They are in very good condition. does anyone know what these might be worth. they have been ported. They have some racing scares, but they are in pretty good shape. Any information will help

thanks
Old 03-21-2001, 04:19 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

All I can say is WOW and I dont know..I bought a Superspeedwayu Daytona Intake for a 426Maxwedge car. It(the intake ) was one of a few made, not many people wanted to buy it for much more than I bought it for....I would have thought that the rarity as well as its a NASCAR piece would be enough to pull some descent dough....I was wrong...SO now I have this cool intake and nothing to do with it...
a lessen for ya.
Maxwedge
Old 03-21-2001, 06:22 PM
Inactive User

Default thanks any way

I just thought I'd better find out what they are worth
before I do anything with them. I think they are pretty rare.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2001, 09:23 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Orignal unported unmolested set are very big bread to a restoration person,,Problem here is they have been done already,, So it is a preference thing,,I am interested in them if you'd like to sell as I have a 64 Hemi Savoy factory lightweight that I bought local here and has iron heads on it,,Car was raced all over PA with hemi's and maxwedges in it ,,I'm going to restore it as I remember it as a kid( still have some old photo's of it),,Nowadays the elite SS/BA and SS/CA hemi hitters DO NOT use these aluminum heads due to their tendency to expand while hot and the sanctioning bodies continous checking of port sizes after record runs,, Let em know what you are going to do with them,email me a price or let me know if you'd like me to make an offer BRM
Old 04-03-2001, 04:58 PM
Inactive User

64 used steel heads in 65 the light weight super stock cars a-990 cars used aluminum versions of them. known as the "K" head it is identified by taking a different valve cover