Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Inactive User

wow ecm relearn

hello just joined this site , glad to be here.I just put a ecm from a recycler ( wrecker) into my 2001 durango rt ,,old one had issues ,,no bus ,, rom wasn`t working and so on.Anyway ,,,put it in and it fired up right away but only ran for 5-7 seconds ..Computer has the same part number. ( just different letter a F instead of G ) from same year, same make and model ...ok now what do i have to do to make it re-learn ???? Can anyone guide this old dog? it seems to be security issue .....or?????
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Inactive User

Speaking from a mountain of ignorance, but nobody else has jumped in. You might try pulling the neg battery cable and re-attaching it. If that doesn't work, get hold of a scan tool. That ecm might have stored codes that need to be cleared. The difference in letters might be the sore spot. Every different trim and option level has different wiring. There might be trouble in that ecm.
Another thought is check to see if fuel pump has voltage to it.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Inactive User

Do you have a grey key for your Durango? If yes, you will need to program the PCM with the SKIM code. If you have a black key, your SOL. The PCM is SKIM equipped and cannot be removed. If you start it more than three times, it will not crank anymore and the SKIM module goes into a theft mode. You will have to leave the key in the "on" position for one hour before it can be programmed. You'll need to connect a battery charger.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Inactive User

BTW

I wish the MODs would restrict new members from just joining to ask a question to fix their car and then they are gone. I don't mind helping out, but you need to contribute more than a question about your broke junk.