Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-10-2003, 01:17 AM
Inactive User

Default Real Skid Plates

Howdy All:

Earlier this week we had the 1st real snow of the season of more than 1". We had 9. Well, it was cleaned up in no time what so ever, all the plow people had been chomping at the bit for snow all year. So, I missed any real fun in it.

That is until today. There it was, an unplowed lot. A big un too. There where even some mounds from snow being pushed into it. Ah, I can have some fun. I was runnin this way and that. Snow flying every which way. Then it happened.

I got a hair up the butt. I 1st started shavin those mounds, little by little. Then I did it. 50 MPH into the side of a mound. I almost got across it, almost. There I was, stuck on this mound, tires off the ground. Did I mention I was stuck? Oh what the hell, It was still fun.

Well this little Blazer came by, and he had some tow straps. We hooked up, and guess what? He couldn't even budge me. I was stuck. Good and stuck. Well then one of the lots plow trucks came by. A big RAM. To make a long story short, he hooked up to me, and walked me right off the mound. Then you were able to see where I had been stuck, and how I was resting on the skid plates. Thank the big guy I had metal ones, and not the plastic ones. They'd of broke for sure.

Later
Ugg
Old 03-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Inactive User

Ugg,
Ever considered becoming a kamikaze pilot? Hope you were buckled in for that blast.
Sounds like fun though, wish I had been there.

How are you at donuts in the snow? My Dakota loves to do them. If I keep it in 4-wheel, turn the wheel, and stand on the gas, the truck spins like a top. I have had it spinning fast enough to start pushing me off the back of the seat. Its pretty wild the way it will just sit in one spot and spins like that. Not sure if a Durango is weighted the same or will do it, but give it a try. Its entertaining for a few times at least. I need the HP to do it on dry pavement - now that would be some hair-raising fun.

Keep the rubber side down.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Inactive User

Rippen:

I was one. Actually, I drove a crash car when we did escourts. I hung back about 1/4 mile, and if anything went down, I came charging in and crash the bad guys. I had a turbo powered Caprice with a reinforced frontend. YAYWHOOOOOOOOO! Ban F'n Zie MF'ers.

Later
Ugg