Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Inactive User

Help Help

My '01 R/T was stuck today when I was trying to move my trailer. I put it in 4low, now its stuck in 4low. When you move the knob back to AWD the 4low light stays lit while the AWD light flashes. If I try 4high it does the same thing, the 4low light stays on and the 4high light flashes. WTF is going on? It revs pretty high at only 35 and the speed limit is 55 going to my dealer so I dont want to drive it like this.

Oh, and I tried the old 4x4 trick of backing up about 30 ft. It really did'nt sound good when I did it and it did'nt work.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:26 PM
Inactive User

Wild guess: Something important in the transfer case isn't working right, probably the device(unknown to me) that "shifts" things from 4WD Hi to Lo and back. Doesn't augur well for the wallet, IMHO, sorry. Sounds like a trip to a 5 star dealer...
Old 04-30-2003, 11:20 PM
Inactive User

Shift into neutral then turn knob back over to AWD. The same thing happened to me when I first got my 4WD.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJ
Shift into neutral then turn knob back over to AWD. The same thing happened to me when I first got my 4WD.
Once I calmed down I went back out and played around with it some more. That is exactly what I did and it worked. I thought I had tried every combination of park, reverse, nuetral, with the knob in all the positions but apparently I missed that one! Its fixed and now I know what to do the next time. Thanks guys. Good thing too, I have to go have it inspected tommorow!