Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:35 AM
Inactive User

Question Anyone have a bull bar on their D?

Does anyone have a bull bar on their Durango? I am considering putting a bull bar with driving lights on my wife's 01' Durango along with some taillight guards. We have put a lot of $$ in my truck and haven't done anything to hers so I thought I would surprise her with a few upgrades. If anyone has one and has pics would you please post so I can see what it looks like installed. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:41 AM
Inactive User

Nevermind . . . I got a wild hair and ordered the bull bar with off road lights and taillight guards for her yesterday. I will post pics when I get installed.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:10 PM
Inactive User

Had considered a bull bar for my D (my other ride) and was told they are too large. A safari bar is the right size. Good luck, maybe you'll get it to fit.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Inactive User

I bought the Safari Light Bar made by Westin and the tail light guards also made by Westin. I installed them this weekend and they look good. The bull bar did look too big. The safari bar is made for the mid-size SUV and looks great. I'll try to post pics sometime this week if it will ever stop raining long enough for me to take some.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Inactive User

I think the Safari bar looks good too. Haven't added to my "D" yet since I got the chrome valence inserts and they were such a B**** to put in I hate to cover them up.

Nice lookin' 1500 by the way. I may consider a bull bar for my 1500 if I can talk hubby into it. I like the bottom skid plate.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:31 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Thanks . . . I love my truck! My wife really likes her Durango as well. The only thing that bugs me is that her Durango will absolutely blow my 1500 off the road! That's really the reason I put on the safari bar, tail guards and bigger tires for her . . . I'm trying to slow it down (just kidding).
Old 05-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Inactive User

Those 20's will slow you down also - LOL. Next you need to put big fat tires and lower gears on her D. One reson we got the HEMI in the Ram. Of course my husband reminds me that since the D was "mine" to drive when it was new, the Ram is "his." Bummer!
Old 05-19-2003, 09:51 AM
Inactive User

I actually did just put new Bridgestone Tires on her D. (265's) But you are correct . . . my 20's slow me down. I'm jealous about the hemi. I have never driven one but I hear they are awesome. My good friend here at work is literally on his way as we speak to pick up his new 1500 Hemi Quadcab. I can't wait til' he gets back to take it for a test drive.