Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-17-2003, 05:18 AM
Inactive User

Default The Trip

Howdy All:

I recently got back from a small trip I took with the D and my TT. It's the first time out after I did some suspension mods. I guess I cranked the T-Bars up to high, cause the were a few "OH SHIT'S!" when I went over some bumps and I kinda lost my steering. Still, it was much better than before.

I hate the electric fans. It came on at speed and I thought that my tranny was slipping. That was a minor freakout. Of course, I forgot to keep tabs on my mileage, although I got better range at 65 than 75. Forget mileage at 85 when your towing. Ya watch the gauge go right down, just that fast.

I figure to drop the front down 2 full turns. That should do the trick in keeping weight on the front. All in all, I'm looking forwards to more trips with the D and TT. It's the only way to camp. Screw sleeping on the ground. At night this last trip it got real cold out. So, I turned up the heat. Can't do that in a tent. When it's hot out, I've always got the ac.

And, lets not forget indoor plumbing. I always have to go in the middle of the night, and it's usually raining. Some of these new TT's have everything in em. It's like a luxury condo on wheels. Sides pop out, suites in em, basements. Wow, if I ever win the lotto I know what I want.

Later
Ugg
Old 05-19-2003, 08:06 PM
Inactive User

Default Where?

Ugg,

Where did you go? It sounds like you went at least a couple of tanks away from home. I love camping and my kids are getting to the age (4) where I hope that they will enjoy it too. We have the tents and sleeping bags, but there is a large TT for sale that I pass three times a day (or so). It has the large pull out living area. It looks awfully tempting. One of these days I may stop and ask about the price (I'm kind of scared to ask).
Anyway, I hope you had a GREAT trip.

NightBandit
Old 05-20-2003, 08:26 AM
Inactive User

Dave:

We went to the Warren Dunes State Park in MI. I t was a little over a tank away going, and less than a tank coming home. Like I said, or maybe I didn't, it was with the Boy Scouts, and my son and the rest of the scouts (adults included) slept in tents. I had the TT all to myself at night. It was great.

They were out there freezing their ya-ya's off, and all I did was turn up the heat. Had the VCR too, so I watched some movies. The only way to camp. Pull out sides huh? I'd stop by and ask. You don't want ta go any bigger than a 26' er. I wish I had the pull out sides. I got the master bedroom in mine. Also, the bathroom is all together. Some of the TT's have the bathrooms all split up. Part on one side of the TT and part on the other. Some of the new ones have Jacuzzi's in em.

If I ever strike it rich, I know what I'd get. I'd have ta get a new rig ta pull it though. The D's just to little. A 40' TT. Can ya dig it? Since Dodge nixed the Suburban type vehicle, I'd have ta get a real Suburban. Couldn't get a Ford. YUCK!

Later
Ugg
Old 05-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Inactive User

Ugg,

I haven't been around much, but it is nice to see a few of the same names around. I got the hypertech power programmer last weekend and it is amazing. By far the most improvement I have felt (minus the shift kit, but that is different). I am going to check it on my Gtech when I get the time (it might be a while), but I will tell you how many ponies I racked up. It is an absolute must if you have recieved the "death" flash. The great part is that I can switch back to stock any time. Like when gas gets back up over $2 or I need to tow something. Nothing else really going on. It looks like you have bought yourself a new toy.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:05 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ugg

If I ever strike it rich, I know what I'd get. I'd have ta get a new rig ta pull it though. The D's just to little.
Ugg
Hi there old friend! Hey you'd just need to get one of those new Ram QC with a Hemi. Pull just about anything you want with a 2500! Or even better the 3500 Cummins diesel 6 speed.

Hope you've been doing okay.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Inactive User

Wink

.. amazing on just how much the Rams can pull! Love your new Ram's name also Sherry!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:29 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by JAW
Ugg,

I haven't been around much, but it is nice to see a few of the same names around. I got the hypertech power programmer last weekend and it is amazing. By far the most improvement I have felt (minus the shift kit, but that is different). I am going to check it on my Gtech when I get the time (it might be a while), but I will tell you how many ponies I racked up. It is an absolute must if you have recieved the "death" flash. The great part is that I can switch back to stock any time. Like when gas gets back up over $2 or I need to tow something. Nothing else really going on. It looks like you have bought yourself a new toy.
It's true the PP3 rocks

You don't need to change to stock to tow with it. Use either the 87 or 93 octane program, there's no ping. Max HP and torque is 19HP/32FTLBS from 2,000 to 3,300 RPMs and that is dyno'd from a DTO member. It's for the daily driver!

All the 2001's and up come from the factory with the "death flash" AKA updated software soooooo the PP3 makes a huge difference.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by vagirl1952
Love your new Ram's name also Sherry!
Thanks Susie. Mike is 2 for 2 on naming vehicles now.