Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Inactive User

Default That "Durango" decal on the back

Lately Ive seen a couple of D's with either a silver or gold decal on the lift gate (in that oval shaped area) that say's Durango and has a Ram's head on each side. Is that like a factory thing? I live on a dark curvy road and Im looking for way's to increase visibility of my vehicles from the rear 'cause Ive seen quite a few ugly rear-ender's and I dont want to be part of that scene. What I wanted to do was have a decal like that made but have it made out of that super highly reflective material that they put on the sides of cop cars. Anyone know anything about these decals?
Old 05-26-2003, 02:00 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

you like fieros too, cool. every one laughs when i say " im putting a '94 buick ultra engine (supercharged 3800) with a '93 lumina trans in a fiero. and pump nitrous through it " hmp? wonder why???????????????????
Old 05-26-2003, 02:07 AM
Inactive User

Help i want more performance from my Durango

i have a 02 durango stock. 3.92 gears locking. 4.7 auto. looking for cam upgrades, computer, supercharger, throttle bodies, etc. where can i go or am i still going to have to wait 3 years before somone starts to sell after market goodies for it.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:23 AM
Banned

Re: That "Durango" decal on the back

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkBird
Lately Ive seen a couple of D's with either a silver or gold decal on the lift gate (in that oval shaped area) that say's Durango and has a Ram's head on each side. Is that like a factory thing? I live on a dark curvy road and Im looking for way's to increase visibility of my vehicles from the rear 'cause Ive seen quite a few ugly rear-ender's and I dont want to be part of that scene. What I wanted to do was have a decal like that made but have it made out of that super highly reflective material that they put on the sides of cop cars. Anyone know anything about these decals?
I have a guy making numbers for my bussiness and such for race cars. We might could fix you up with almost any design you want and reflective too. I'll have to check with him first. He's out of town now. His moms sick. He has been on the chat board too, but mostly in circle track section. Let me know what you think and see if you can give me a design.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: Re: That "Durango" decal on the back

Quote:
Originally posted by dwc43

I have a guy making numbers for my bussiness and such for race cars. We might could fix you up with almost any design you want and reflective too. I'll have to check with him first. He's out of town now. His moms sick. He has been on the chat board too, but mostly in circle track section. Let me know what you think and see if you can give me a design.
That would be cool. Any idea what he'd charge for something like that? I just talked to some guy outside of Lowe's today, he had one of those decals on the back of his D. He said I could get one at one of the local dealerships for $35 or $45 if they install it, but its just a normal decal, like I said, I'd like it to be reflective. What would your guy need to make one? Would I need to buy one of the normal ones for him to copy or could I maybe just get a picture of one and some dimensions? Let me know when you get to talk to him, or send him in here...or my email is gunner1@centurytel.net if he'd like to contact me directly.

Damian, actually I just used my Fiero as a trade in for my wifes Cherokee. They can be pretty cool little cars though. You should checkout Pennock's Fiero Forum if you're not already on it. Also there are tons of 4.7 parts out there already, they're not my specialty though. If you go into the Dakota forum there are several guys with modded, and even supercharged, 4.7's in there. They'll be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:51 PM
Banned

Well he sells to me or I should say he makes stuff for me to sell. I'm not sure what the cost will be since that reflective stuff runs a higher price. I need to ask him, but I'm sure it will be in reason. Or I'll get him one way or the other ... haha. I'll see and let you know as soon as he is back. I am sure all I will need is a high quality picture through e mail. I will also ask him about that when he returns. I will send e mail tonight to him since I'm not sure when he will be back. Thanks, David
Old 05-30-2003, 03:21 AM
Inactive User

David:

I'm interested too.

Ugg
Old 06-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Inactive User

Any word from the guy yet?
Old 06-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Banned

Hey, talked to him last night and was going to e mail you from home instead of on the forum. He wants a detailed pic and size deminsions. Send it to ******************** and I'll get it to him and see what we can come up with. Thanks, David
Old 06-08-2003, 04:16 AM
Inactive User

Ugg, how hard to install and how much were your headers? I've got a new 390(5.2L based) stoker(na-na-na-nah-nah!!!) and of course I want to spend some MORE money on it!('98 Dakota CC 4x2 SLT+ Auto) Gotta max out another credit card!
Old 06-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Inactive User

Walkercolt:

HI. It wasn't that hard if ya got a lift. It took 1.5 hrs to R&R em. Make sure ya get them header nuts too cause vibration is a real bear. I hear that bugel sound, what's that tune it's playin????? Oh, CHARGE...........................................it.

Later
Ugg
Old 06-09-2003, 09:44 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by dwc43
Hey, talked to him last night and was going to e mail you from home instead of on the forum. He wants a detailed pic and size deminsions. Send it to ******************** and I'll get it to him and see what we can come up with. Thanks, David
I havent recieved any mail from him. I will try and find a D with the decal and get some pics and send them to you. I saw a decal the other day that instead of having Ram's heads on each side of the "Durango" it had R/T on each side....it was sweet. Guess I'll start taking my digital camera where ever I go.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Banned

Well get a good pic and let me know the sizes you want and I'll see if we cant get it done.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: i want more performance from my Durango

Quote:
Originally posted by Damian Griffith
i have a 02 durango stock. 3.92 gears locking. 4.7 auto. looking for cam upgrades, computer, supercharger, throttle bodies, etc. where can i go or am i still going to have to wait 3 years before somone starts to sell after market goodies for it.
According to FastMan...There is no reason to put a larger TB on a post 2000 4.7L..the factory 68mm will flow more air than the 4.7 will ever need. Even if you try to purchase one of his he'll tell you not to buy it. This of course, is not true if you're going to run a supercharger.

There are Superchargers on the market for the 4.7..not sure who..but they're out there....

I haven't heard of any aftermarket of MP cams for the 4.7.

Of course there is always the standard stuff: Airkit, plugs, exhaust,