Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Ebay Auction Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Inactive User

Default Tri Power Carbs that should fit a mopar 6 pack

Last sunday I listed an authentic set of genuine 1967 corvette L71 holley carburetors on e-bay. They are in gret rebuildable shape. They are also date coded in Jan and Feb of 1967. The last set I watched sell similar to mine went for 3500.00. The auction ends on my set this sunday just before midnight central time. These i`m sure will fit the mopar 6 pk intake. But, I believe they are just a little smaller in the cfm department, not much but a little.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Inactive User

You probably won't get what your hoping for based on the last set you saw sell on E-bay. You can buy N.O.S. on Ebay specifically for a Mopar for less the 1/2 of your $3500. You'd be better off selling them to a (rich) Corvette enthusist, even if you have to list them several times on E-bay.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastnos View Post
You probably won't get what your hoping for based on the last set you saw sell on E-bay. You can buy N.O.S. on Ebay specifically for a Mopar for less the 1/2 of your $3500. You'd be better off selling them to a (rich) Corvette enthusist, even if you have to list them several times on E-bay.
I agree, you are 100% correct.

The vette carbs are for some one wanting to keep their 1967 bowtie corvette completly original. The mopar carbs are no where near worth what these vettes are worth.

I just mentioned them on the very slim chance some one on here might have a vette or knew some one that had one needing some original carbs. In fact I think new reproduction tri powers are cheaper than what I want for my originals. I look at it like this. I was only selling them just to get them out of the garage and to prevent some one from stealing them. I have had some stuff come up missing lately so I figured it better to sell the stuff off as to have it stolen. But, My little wife cam to my rescue and said bring them in the house and put them in the closet for safe keeping. Now I know why I have kept her around for 38 years. Any how these vet carbs will fit any of the mopar 6 pk intakes and I am constantly fooling with the mopars so I just may throw them on an old 383 I have in storage. But more than likely i`m going to contact the big corvette club and have them send notice out to all their affiliate clubs to make mention of them to their members. These things are date coded for Jan and Feb of 1967. I challenge any one to find a similar set with that early of a date code. I `m also going to contact some of the larger restoration shops that specialize on the bowties. I have several options, but probably will just sit on them till winter sets in and I have more time to ride the internet.

You have a good day
Ed