Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2000, 09:00 AM

Question

The original LH platform was designed with certain things in mind so that Chrysler could modify it to rear wheel drive for police units, right? So did they ever produce any of these? Even a prototype? The Prowler uses the same LH 3.5L (old and new) engine and transaxle, except that Chrysler moved the transaxle to the rear and run a drive shaft between them. So if the LHs were designed to be modifed into a rear wheel drive car, and the Prowler shows this possible using the same transaxle as a tansmission/differential then how hard would it be to modify a LH to rear wheel drive. The fuel tank would have to be moved, drive axles would have to be made and a way of mounting the transaxle into the rear of the car. But this doesn't seem too difficult. If I didn't need my car for everyday use then i might heavily consider undertaking such a project. What does everyone else think of something like this, is it do-able, has it been done, will it be done?