Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-12-2003, 03:34 AM
Inactive User

Default Forward Motion, Inc.

This is to let everyone here that I have officially been ripped off by Mike DeMoss and Forward Motion. I sent them payment seven or eight months ago for a fast ratio rack and pinion and have received absolutely nothing. Numerous phone calls have gotten me nothing but lies. Buyer beware. Don't be the next victim.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:08 AM
MoparChat Support Staff

Default Whole story...

Dart 65 - Can you please post your entire story with details, so everyone knows what happened?
Old 03-13-2003, 03:25 AM
Inactive User

You bet. I am not certain of the exact date now, but it was roughly seven months ago that I contacted Forward Motion about getting a fast ratio CSX rack and pinion for my '87 Lebaron rally project. Mike DeMoss said that he had one in an '87 CSX and that he only needed to pull it out and send it off. He quoted me $50, so I sent off a check that week. Shortly afterward, I obtained a two piece turbo II intake. I called Mike again and told that I need the fuel rail. He took my credit card number and promised to ship the two items together. Two weeks later the fuel rail arrived, but there was no rack and pinion. I called Mike back and asked him the reason. He said that there was a truck parked in front of the car and that he wasn't able to get to it. He said that he would pull it out and ship it that week. Two weeks pass with no rack. I called Mike back and ask if he had sent the rack. He said that it was in a box that wasn't marked and he wasn't sure who it was for. He said that he would ship it out the next day. Two weeks later, I still have no rack, and call Mike once again. For some reason, it still hadn't been shipped out. It would be shortly, he assured me. A few more calls produced no rack and pinion. I finally call and leave a message that I want my money back. Mike called me back and said that the rack had been sent, but that I obviously hadn't gotten it. He said that he had an '89 CSX rack that he would send off that week. Surprise, surprise, no rack ever arrived. Subsequent calls have produced no resolution to this problem. He couldn't give me a tracking number for the package for some nonsense reason. I have called Mike at least 10 times about this problem, but he doesn't seem to care. Since I mailed him a check for the rack, it was cashed, and no product ever arrived, Mike DeMoss has committed mail fraud, a federal offense. Perhaps a complaint filed with the Post Master general's Office will get his attention. I will no longer do business with Forward Motion, Inc. Their customer service is lousy and I certainly don't like being lied to. The heart of the matter is both the principle and the money.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:48 PM
Inactive User

Angry same thing

The same thing almost happend to me. I needed a part for a trans, called them up, & he said he could do a C.O.D. Two weeks later I had to call & ask him what happened to the part. He said " I'll send it today", "send it today"!!!!!!!! I needed it a week & a half ago!!!! I told him to forget it, don't bother sending it. You got to watch some people, that's why I try to purchase everthing from the internet by way of C.O.D. !!!!!

SS
Old 03-23-2003, 04:34 AM
Inactive User

I spoke to Mike DeMoss on Friday the 22nd and asked him where my money was. He knew who I was and read my address back to me. He said that he was cutting me a check right then and that I would have it by Tuesday. He also told me that the rack and pinion had been returned and that the box had been mangled. I asked him the reason that he didn't at least let me know. He said that he dropped the ball. I, in turn, asked him if he treated all of his customers as badly as I had been. He said that he was offended, but I pointed out the fact that I had been waiting a total of eight months for the rack and pinion. He gave me a hollow apology and again promised that I would have the money by Tuesday. We'll see...
Old 03-23-2003, 10:53 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up thanks for the fore warning

Hey thanks for the putting your situation on here. I was thinking of buying a lot of stuff for my next vehicle through them and now I will not. I have had this sort of thing happen to me before with other companies and I always like to get the word around to others to save them from the hassle and hopefully make a point to the crappy company that you can not treat the customers like that. Thanks again.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:14 AM
Inactive User

I'm glad that I could help, Turbodually. I am honest and I want to deal with honest people. When I run afoul of a person or company that isn't, however, I will definately let others know so they don't have to go through the hassle that I had to. That's the way it ought to be, people looking out for one-another. There are other companies out there that carry comparable products at roughly the same prices and those companies will get my business from this point forward.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:08 AM
Banned

Dont forget you can turn these jerks into the Better Bussiness Buera and the Federal Trade Commision right on line. Just type in a search.

The BBB keeps a complaint on the company for 3 years and the FTC will investigate and prosocute if they find illegal practices.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:02 AM
Inactive User

Laugh

Victory! I received a check from Forward Motion today. I bet that it just killed Mike DeMoss to write it out. I certainly hope so. I hope everyone who is a fan of FWD Mopars has seen this thread and learned not to deal with the crooks at Forward Motion.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:16 AM
Inactive User

I get stuff from them like every month and have all ways got my stuff in a week to a week and half i guess iam a luky one