Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Parts for Sale > Front Wheel Drive - Parts for Sale

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-04-2001, 11:48 AM
Inactive User

Default 52 MM throttle bodies for sale

Ok folks, I'm back and I have some more 52 MM throttle bodies for sale. As noted before, I can offer references and a reasonale price for this upgrade. Please email me privately for details.
Thanks,
Bert
Old 11-02-2001, 05:44 AM

Question

What are you asking for the 52mm throttle bodies? I tried to e mail you but for some reason I can not e mail anyone.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:53 AM
Inactive User

Hello and thanks for your inquiry.

About the throttle bodies themselves: I pull these from late 80's Caravans with the 3.0 V6 engine. Occasionally I'll get one from a 3.3 engine, but the bodies themselves are all the same. I pull the sensors, clean them and the TB, re-install the sensors and send them via UPS ground. I am not out to make a living doing this, I make a few bucks and you get a bigger TB and spare sensors at a good price, which is $40.00 US. These are typically going for 50-75 dollars at salvage yards and you still have to clean them! That price includes shipping via UPS or priority mail in the lower 48 states. I prefer payment in the form of a money order.

I've sold 10 or 12 of these in the past couple of months, haven't had any complaints. The first one I did is still on my car, which had 122K on the engine when I put it on. It made a noticeable difference over the 46 MM TB. It is an easy swap as the mounting is exactly the same. I can't make any guarantees on the sensors, I just send them along. However, if you should have to swap sensors, I have already done the hard work by getting the original screws out. These are steel screws in an aluminum body with Loc Tite and they are a usually a bear to get out without mangling the Torx head. If I can't get them out the regular way, I cut a slot and use a flat screwdriver to remove them. From my experience, this is a good swap to get a bit more power and I haven't lost any gas mileage.

If you need references, here is a quote from one of the guys who I sold a TB to. My point is that I am not out to rip off anyone. "I got the throttle body installed today. It took me about 20 min. to half an hour total time. I had to use my old throttle position sensor because the adapter on the 52mm was different than mine, but I'd say probably 7-12 HP increase. I have a '94 Chrysler LeBaron convertible and that thing will take on any Jap crap with a v-tec or otherwise. Thanks for the great part, correspondence and fast shipping. If you ever need a reference for shipping something over the Internet, I'd be more than willing to put in a good word for you. Thanks again. P.S. The first time I took it around the block after I got the TB installed, I felt a little queasy from the acceleration."

Please let me know what you would like to do. You can also call me weekdays @ 913.307.3621.

Regards,
ballen01@sprintspectrum.com
Old 11-08-2001, 03:27 AM

Sounds like a great idea. But I found out that the 52mm wont fit on my car. I have the old style intake which is a suck through type with the log style intake. Right now it has the orignal Bosch throttle body.
Old 11-08-2001, 09:48 PM

Howd that guy do it in 20 to 30 minutes? Doesnt the intake opened up to 52mm to get any usefulnes from the bigger TB??
Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Inactive User

Bert,

I see that this is an old post, but do you still mess with the throttle bodies?