Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Vehicles for Sale > Front Wheel Drive - Vehicles for Sale

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Inactive User

Default 1989 Daodge Daytona Shelby Resto Mod

Category: Domestic

I have a 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby for sale, in USA - Florida.

Mileage: 7000 Please read below miles

VIN: PM me for carfax

Engine Size: 2.2L

Asking price is $15,000.00 VERY FIRM

I posted a feeler thread a few months ago and finally decided to sell it. I am very firm on the price, if you don't like it just reserve your comment. I am in no hurry to sell this car and if it does not sell it is just fine with me. I dearly love this car but I miss the building aspect so much that I am willing to part with it for another project. I know the market/economy sucks right now so it will probably stay in my garage, as said before thats OK with me. With that being said if somebody really wants a nice car, they can take it off my hands. Here is a link to the build thread, feel free to ask me any questions. The pics will show what went into the build, but here is the bad that the pictures do not reflect.

1. I have DSS axles but the driver side is still to long for the current ride height. It is fine unless you push it moderatly hard into a right hand turn. If you do you can feel the axle bottoming out thru the steering wheel. DSS can shorten, just never did as I never push that hard into a corner. PS the engine is moved as far as it can go to the pass side. Axle plunge is good on pass side.

2. Oil leak, I have a leak from the back of the engine somewhere, it is not that bad, but very annoying to have to clean the bottom of the car up every couple months.

3. The paint is flaking out of the dodge symbol on the nose. It is not a trailer queen so there is normal fender well speckling.

4. The driver T-top has minor scratches on the black portion, never bothered to fix it because I never put them in, if it is not nice enough to drive the car with the tops out I do not drive it.

5. Driver and Pass windows have the vertical scratches from the guides, the guides are now new but never buffed the scratches out.

6. One wheel has a scratch, I have touched it up but it does not match perfectly.

7. Stage 5 cal causes hard cold starts, Cindy has a fix just need to send it in.

8. Windshield wipers work, but the washer does not as I am using the W/W reservoir as the alky tank.

I will update anything else that I think of but that is all I can think of.

Body has around 160K orig miles. I have put around 7K miles on it since the build. Odometer currently 12,XXX miles. All ataching parts engine bay/underneath were powder coated, not painted.

List of mods...

ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN

Block

0.040-over stock 2.2

Wiseco pistons Skirts/top coated

All ARP Hardware

CSR Electric Water pump

Cylinder Head

Done by MRPbody ported, oversized valves

Cometic Head Gasket

ARP Studs

Camshaft

FM 475

Fidanza Adj

Intake Manifold

Cut, ported one peice

Vac block

Alum Fuel rail

Throttle Body

52mm

Turbo

Turbonetics T3/4 50 trim Stage 2 Wheel

Spearco 1080

Turbo XS Boost Ctlr

Tial BOV

Exhaust

F.M. Stainless 3 inch mandrel bent

T.U. 3 inch S.V.

T.U. Stainless Header (coated)

Fuel System

+40's

Walbro 255 pump

Accufab A.F.P.R.

Earls lines with all AN fittings

New gas tank/sending unit/fuel pump mount

Transmission

A555 with 5K orig miles on it, polished.

Mcleod Rev-loc

Purple Plate

Chrome Molly end plate

Quaife LSD-

Level 2 axles- THE DRIVESHAFT SHOP

Engine Managment

Stage 5 Cal

3 Bar Map

3 Bar progressive Devils Own Alky Inj DevilsOwn alcohol water injection- methanol

Ignition

MSD Blaster coil

Magnacore wires

Plugs...?

Gauges

The following are Auto Meter Ultra lite series

Boost 0-30

EGT

Water Temp

Elect Fuel Press

Oil Press

Innovate LC-1/XD-16 Wideband

Suspension and Chassis

Every bushing that Johnny makes is in this car

Custom Koni front and rear Adj coil overs

Brakes

S/S Sraided Lines

Carbotech, Bobcat pads

All new brake lines The Right Stuff Detailing

Rebuild of my power steering unit www.steerandgear.com

Chassis stiffening

Front strut tower brace

Rear swaybar

ADJ Panhard bar

Here is a link to the build, pics can be found on page 1,3,4 and dyno can be found on page 5. Car has a ton of trophies, 1st at Newark, 1st place (three years in a row) at Big Daddy's and 2nd at Mopar nats. Never made it to a SDAC event.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ath&highlight=

All pics can also be viewed on my site www.shelbymopar.com

Any questions hit me up. Car will come with the original A555 (polished) which was still good, just chose to put the low milage tranny in. I have full recipts for everything since I bought the car in 1995. Have many, many spare parts, some are from the totaled car that had 4,700 miles on it when it was totaled so they are in very good shape.
http://www.shelbymopar.com/gallerybu...0Shows/aaa.jpg
http://www.shelbymopar.com/gallerybu...0Shows/aab.jpg
http://www.shelbymopar.com/gallerybu...0Shows/aad.jpg
http://www.shelbymopar.com/gallerybu...0Shows/aai.jpg
http://www.shelbymopar.com/gallerybu...20done/bbw.jpg
Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 AM

What extra parts do you have for sale? I have one just like this the needs alot of work. Plus I also have a 1987 Dodge Daytona Pacifica with a 1988 shelby Z motor that also needs alot of parts