Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Vehicles for Sale > Front Wheel Drive - Vehicles for Sale

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 01:56 AM
Inactive User

Default FS, 1987 Shelby Lancer, 55,xxx miles, #045

I have for sale my 87 Shelby Lancer which I have owned since 1991. I bought it then with 39k miles on it. It had some damage on the right corner which I repaired with all new Mopar parts. I should still have the receipts and I still have the old parts I took off of it. I believe the original owner was a lady in Springfield, MO. I talked to her a few years ago and she really regretted letting the car go. Anyway I drove it for 2 years until it had 51k on it, then put it in dry storage. I had found out it was fairly rare and I hated to run the miles up. While it was stored at one place it was vandalized. They put a couple of dings in it and broke the mirror glass and the taillight lenses. After my building was finished I stored it there until a little over a year ago when I decided to get it ready for the road again. I had the fuel system cleaned out, all the rubber hoses replaced, and a new fuel pump put in it. The front brakes, rotors, and calipers were also replaced as well as any maintenance items that were needed. I also fixed the damage done by the vandals. I replaced the mirror glass, (NOS parts), the taillight lenses, (also NOS), all 4 belt mouldings, (again NOS), and a few of the decals, (you guessed it, also NOS). I also replaced the headliner since it had a couple of small spots that had let go. It does not have any rust nor has never had any rust repair. It still has the original windshield in it and the spare has never been bolted on the car. I recently put a new set of Pirelli Touring tires in it and finally after owning it for 14 years I put the foglights back on it. It is a very nice car but not perfect. It has about 3 tiny hail dings and about that many door dings. The interior is very nice, no fading or worn spots, and it still has the original floor mats. Somewhere along the line the original dash plaque came up missing and I replaced it with one off another car. I modified it to show the original number. I have put about 4k on it since taking it out of storage so it should drive anywhere if you want to fly in and drive it home. I am asking $5500 for it.
I do have a few recent pics I can send to anyone who emails me at dallas@fidnet.com . Sorry for the long description but hopefully most questions anyone would have are answered here.
Thanks,
Dallas
Old 11-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Inactive User

Default Fine Ride !!!!!

I have seen this car and it is fine lookin!
I don't have the $$$$$ or it would already be sold.
I have bought two cars from Dallas already and I have seen this fine ride. I did try to trade one of the kids for it though.
Hello Dallas, the shelby is cruising, waiting on the paint shop. See you at Christmas or therabouts.
Allen
Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparallen
I don't have the $$$$$ or it would already be sold.
I second that, but I'd be a day too late!!

@#$% my bad credit!!! (ahhhh, youth...)
Old 11-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Hey Allen,
You don't have to have ALL the money. I'll take that Swinger in on trade! lol I'd better not trade for one of your kids, though. You wouldn't be coming up here for any more cars then!
Dallas
Old 11-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO-E-Bodyman
Hey Allen,
You don't have to have ALL the money. I'll take that Swinger in on trade! lol I'd better not trade for one of your kids, though. You wouldn't be coming up here for any more cars then!
Dallas

Don't tempt me, my wife said I have to many toys! Actually you would probly call me to come get the kid soon, then I would have the Lancer and the kid. lolololol
Good Luck
Allen
Offer me that on the Shelby truck, I DARE ya!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Inactive User

I probably should sell the Shelby shop truck since I just bought a new truck. I hate to part with it, especially since I recently spent almost 3k on it.
Dallas
Old 11-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
I probably should sell the Shelby shop truck since I just bought a new truck. I hate to part with it, especially since I recently spent almost 3k on it.
Dallas
The one parked at the shop? What have you done to it?
How much? Trade? 2 kids and the car? hehe
Allen
Old 11-23-2005, 01:36 AM
Inactive User

Allen,
I'll try to remember most of the things done recently. I used genuine Mopar parts on virtually everything, regardless of the cost. I figure if the original lasted 15 years genuine replacement parts should last another 15!. Waterpump, (also had the radiator reconditioned), plugs, wires, cap, rotor, heater control valve and heater hoses, radiator hoses, valve cover gaskets, front brakes, rotors, and wheel bearings, trans rebuilt with all upgrades ($1500+!), u-joints, rearend serviced, new tires, (I think shocks, too). The a/c compressor finally went bad so I bought a new (not rebuilt) one, a new condenser, hoses, drier, and expansion valve. The only thing I didn't buy new was the evaporator in the dash and one of the hoses isn't available anymore (from either Mopar or the aftermarket). I haven't had time to get the freon pulled and the new parts put on yet. There's probably some more stuff but that's all I can think of now.
I won't price it but I might listen to an offer. I bought it new and have all the original books and a copy of the MSO, etc.
Later,
Dallas
Old 12-06-2005, 03:00 AM
Inactive User

I have a sale pending on the Lancer.

Allen, what happened? My description of the truck scare you? hehe

Dallas
Old 12-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
I have a sale pending on the Lancer.

Allen, what happened? My description of the truck scare you? hehe

Dallas
Dallas
My wife said the next thing I buy had to be for her! So I bought her a 1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati, now I gotta build a shed to park it in. I wish I could get your deal on a building! I want the truck but I do have quite a few projects going. Intrested in my Swinger? I can bring it when I come to get the Charger?

Allen
Old 12-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Inactive User

I'll have to think about buying the Swinger. I just bought another 68 B'cuda ragtop this weekend. I'd still take the Swinger in trade, though.
Dallas
Old 01-12-2006, 02:53 AM
Inactive User

Default Lancer is sold!

I received the rest of the money on the Lancer today. It's supposed to leave the state Friday.

Allen,
How does your wife like the TC?

Dallas
Old 05-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Inactive User

is the car still for sale? also where is it
Old 05-28-2008, 02:59 AM
Inactive User

Casey,
If you will notice the date on the last post, I sold the car in Jan. '06. It went to Cindy Lindsay in Texas. She has quite a collection of Shelby Dodges. I think the name of her business is something like FWD Performance. You might do a search and contact her. If she still has it she might sell it.
Dallas
missourimopar.com
Closed Thread