Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Parts Wanted > Jeeps - Parts Wanted

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Inactive User

Default 99 stratus 3.0L conversion

Hello... I have a 2001 3.0L Chrysler Sebring coupe which just got ran head long into a telephone pole. The vehicle has been totaled out by the insurance company. The motor/tranny/computer/wireharness ect. is still all unharmed. I will still own the vehicle so all of this will be accessible.

My question is... can I place the 3.0L motor into a 1999 Dodge Stratus without a lot of fabrication to the engine bay? Does the motor fit into the bay using the original or after market motor mounts? Im willing to spend money on parts if needed.

Im not looking to break speed records with the vehicle after the conversion its just that I have both of them in my arsenal now and I dont want the Sebring motor and the Stratus to go to waste. Im not a welder so fabrication would be difficult but I am very handy and I have done motor swaps before.

I did see one person on a different web page do this very same conversion but I would like to know what needs to be done. If anyone has done this or knows information about this please reply. If anyone has pictures of this conversion taking place please reply.