Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

View Poll Results: Can Kyle pety win?
yes he can 9 37.50%
no 13 54.17%
yes and on dirt( he has never raced dirt before) 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2007, 03:22 PM

Agreed on that! I've got nothing against DW, but his announcing style just gripes the heck out of me sometimes.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Inactive User

I thought Kyle did a great job! He's an excellent announcer, and spokes person. I always thought that he'd make a good PR man either for PE, or anyorganization, for that matter. He's a natural.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:56 AM

he can do same pr stuff without driving, Stoga, would you want him to drive until he's 55 or 60? he did a good anouncing job and the interview with David Pearson was good!
Old 06-15-2007, 12:54 PM

I want Kyle to drive as long as HE wants to, and without him being trashed for it in this forum. This is where we're SUPPOSED to be Mopar fans and not kicking Mopar drivers or products in the teeth.
If you don't feel that way, all I can humbly suggest is maybe you'd be more comfortable posting on a blowtie, rice or blue oval board.
Ernie Irvan drove longer than maybe he should have, but I don't remember people complaining about him at all, nothing like what has been done to Kyle here, I'm sorry to say...
Old 06-16-2007, 02:25 AM

We just want people that still have it, thats all, in Dodges. People with a good chance to win, good thing your not paying the bills for him to drive you'd let him race to 75 years old (he's not Red Farmer) "Good job, passed a car this race!" or you'd come up with a son of a champions provisional, so he started them all. Not about kicking him in the teeth, so maybe YOU should post on some other board that really doesn't matter if you win or top 10, you seem to forget thats what 43 cars enter the race for, to win, be competitive, not run mid pack! Ernie still had it when he quit, he realized he'd been in some wild wrecks, and realized next time he might worse off, and not recover. Put the past behind you, Kyle did real good as a (what?) 17 year old or so, winning an Arca race, and really aint done it much in 5 years, The King had to hang it up, so will Kyle too
Old 06-16-2007, 11:44 AM

Well, if I was the one paying the bills, I'd have the sense to realize that people having a good attitude about my company and the sponsorship that I paid for is just as important as any racing victories. I think booting Kyle out, especially after his decent showing recently, would create a bad attitude towards my company that would take quite a few years and many victorys, no guaranteed thing, to erase. Some people would never forget an insult like that, think they'll pull their wallets out later?
You don't kick a good spokesman for the sport in the teeth, now that's just good business sense. That's why you notice the only ones running their mouths don't have any of their money on the line.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:17 PM

well... next week is Sonoma, road coarse, Kyle should do decent there, he does like the road courses, said he will be driving, if he does have it, you'll see it there
Old 06-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by it's all dodge View Post
We just want people that still have it, thats all, in Dodges. People with a good chance to win, good thing your not paying the bills for him to drive you'd let him race to 75 years old (he's not Red Farmer) "Good job, passed a car this race!" or you'd come up with a son of a champions provisional, so he started them all. Not about kicking him in the teeth, so maybe YOU should post on some other board that really doesn't matter if you win or top 10, you seem to forget thats what 43 cars enter the race for, to win, be competitive, not run mid pack! Ernie still had it when he quit, he realized he'd been in some wild wrecks, and realized next time he might worse off, and not recover. Put the past behind you, Kyle did real good as a (what?) 17 year old or so, winning an Arca race, and really aint done it much in 5 years, The King had to hang it up, so will Kyle too
Amen to that, Ernie Irvan drove his heart out every race and Mopar should be searching high and low for someone similar, not paying their respects to a "Rest Home" like the Petty organization. You can bet that if Earnhardt Junior doesn't perform Chebby will kick him to the curb in a heartbeat, something Mopar should consider.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Inactive User

Hmmmm, J. Andretti is driving Kyle's car this weekend at NH.
Wonder if he'll crash it on the first lap?