Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 PM

Biggrin Gordon and Johnson bend over, but don't smile!

Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson lose 100 points EACH, and both their crew chiefs are fined $100,000 AND suspended for six races for rule violations last weekend.
Johnson drops from third to fifth in points. Gordon's lead over Hamlin drops to 171 points. With props to my friend Jason , for advising me of this story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Inactive User

So, why weren't Gordon and Johnson suspended for 6 races like their crew chiefs?

Oh, yeah, I forgot. They're just drivers, how would THEY know if their crew chiefs are cheating.

The slime in NASCAR just gets deeper every day.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:50 PM

The problem I have is that NASCAR is not being equal to all. If you remember back to last year when T.Stewarts' car was impounded due to sheetmetal not meeting NASCARs' requirements.
I would have been satisfied if the had impounded both cars & made them use their "back-up" cars. To me that would have been more appropriate & proper punishment for the rule infringement. Not letting a competitor practice or qualify is just outrageous!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

Biggrin

I thought NASCAR told Knaus after the last go around with his cheating if he was caught again he was out. Did they miss this, or was that an idle threat or what.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc43 View Post
I thought NASCAR told Knaus after the last go around with his cheating if he was caught again he was out. Did they miss this, or was that an idle threat or what.
Considering the team, probably an idle threat
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned

Biggrin

Forgive me BJ, you are right. I forgot they drive blowties so they need all the help they can get ... lol.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Inactive User

I just figured with Hendrick being so good at getting away with stuff, this would just be glossed over too.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Biggrin

Yeah, I agree with ya. It will probably get swept under the rug. And since NASCAR knows there poster child e is going over there when the contracts run out that's even more reason to ignore it.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Inactive User

Hmm... Sour Vinyard.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:04 PM

the 6 races out for a crewchief means next to nothing, just means they pick up the cell phone (Nextel-Sprint, if Nascar has it's way) And call the crewchief: "what do you think?" Blah, blah, blah. they should make them sit to where no contact with the team
Old 07-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Inactive User

Default Jeff Gordon Makes Me Sick!

Since there is a chance to bash Jeff 'Who' on here, I gotta go for it. I am so eeeked off with Jeff Who that I cannot walk past someone wearing a Jeffy Pooo #24 hat or shirt without getting my 2 cents worth in.....

I also must add the fact that I refuse to allow his name to be spoken in my home, there is not any Pepsi products allowed in the house and I would drink Illinois River water instead of Pepsi because of Jeffy Who.

But I have to say this....how many times has this jerk won a race on a yellow flag!??! I got so sick of the yellow flag wins for Gordon, that I decided not to attend any more NASCAR races this year.

Years ago at the Springfield Speedway (IL) a kid by the name of Jeff something wanted to race there. He was about 14 and they let him. Now the Speedway is no longer there and a business stands on the property.....I think the rumor that the speedway was contaminated by Jeffy boy is true! Why else would they tear down and destroy such a grand ole dirt track?

I also must come clean that I have been an Earnhardt fan since the 70s when Dale Sr. first started out. IF onoy he had driven a Mopar, the world would have been perfect. But nothing ever is, so now that Dale Jr is going to join the Jeffy Poo team, I am back to Mopar 100% in the NASCAR scene.

Thanks, I feel a bit better now....
Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 PM

Well, I've been drinking Pepsi products long before Jeffy was heard of , so don't hold that against me, ok?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:40 PM

Jeff Gordon drinks PEPSI! ! !
Old 07-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Inactive User

Well, as I see it, NASCAR need to figure out what it's rules and penelties are, and enforce them equally. The past 3 or 4 years have been a real joke regarding continuety of infraction and enforcement.

It's not about Jeff, Jr., or any other driver, it's about NA$CAR, and their inability to get a handle on their own rule book. No matter how much the clowns on Speed try to talk up NASCAR, they seem to be their own worse enemy.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoga View Post
Well, I've been drinking Pepsi products long before Jeffy was heard of , so don't hold that against me, ok?
Don't worry about your Pepsi any. Jus' talkin' 'bout what I do in my own lil' world don't ya' know. I ain't holdin' nuthin' 'gainst ya' at 'll. (Don't worry, I been up all night long with a sick horse! Just a little bit more than tired right now and don't you know it, that now I can get some sleep, I can't.)
Old 07-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
Jeff Gordon drinks PEPSI! ! !
Whine, whine, whine....ya' jus' had to do that didn't ya'?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:14 PM

Anyone that can win more races than Dale Earnhardt gets my vote.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Inactive User

PEPSI!!!

I've been refusing to drink that swill long before it became cool to bash Gordon!

Quote:
Anyone that can win more races than Dale Earnhardt gets my vote.
And do so without knocking other drivers out of the race makes it even more so for me!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Banned

Biggrin

THey just told on channel 4 sports news that NASCAR is talking about suspending drivers next time they catch there teams cheating the cars up cause hitting the crew chiefs up with fines is not working. I can't wait to see gordy poofter and e sitting at home wathcing the race along with JJ. We might get to see some racing then.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoehandley View Post
PEPSI!!!

I've been refusing to drink that swill long before it became cool to bash Gordon!
That's ok, I've been using Coke for tire dressing since the 70s, it makes the tires nice and shiny!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
That's ok, I've been using Coke for tire dressing since the 70s, it makes the tires nice and shiny!
Not bad, I've used Coke for a traction additive on my RC's in the past
Old 07-04-2007, 10:37 AM

it'll be good to see Gordon get 7 championships if he does, ought to quiet down the Earnhardt Sr fans-Earnhardt sr had loads of talent, but yet wrecked people for the hell of it, no respect here for that. Gordons nudged a few, but he knows the differance between a nudge and flat out knocking the crap outa somebody, nascar shoulda done something, but, he told their tickets. Oh, i dont drink pepsi either, used to drink mountain dew, stopped drinking all that carbonated crud, face it, your racetrack flatout failed, poor management or racers didn't want to race there, or better track up the road.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:09 AM

Oh did I mention I'm an old Bill Elliot fan? You know-back in the day he had the good engine, good aerodynamics, and raced hard, but clean.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Inactive User

Oh my! I for one did not believe that this forum was full of Jeffy fans!

I will proudly say that Dale Sr. was the kind of driver that made NASCAR worth buying tickets for....he was old school and drove on the track they it used to be done.

NASCAR started out on the back roads of the Good Ole American south with a bunch of Good Ole Boys running shine with suped up cars. Then the dirt tracks started up and stockcars were born with some of the best shine runners and cars their ever was.

Next, along came NASCAR and it was still the good ole time get outta my way or in am gonna knock on your back door....after a couple of nudges, or knocks, if the feller in front did not get outta the way, they got his rear pushed over the side of the track! If they could not handle the heat, then they got removed from the kitchen, so to speak.

That was just the way that it was and then along came NASCAR and they added more, RULES, then MORE RULES.....now I never go to the NASCAR races and I cannot stand going to the stockcar races at the little country dirt tracks, 'cause if you even so much as scrape the paint on somebodies' car, they black flag you. They take all of the fun and SKILL out of the racing.
I sold my stockcar as I could not resist tapping some fool for being a complete idiot and who had not business on the track and behind a wheel in the first place. Face it, you eithe got it, or you don't and there are too many so called drivers on the circle tracks that should not be there....it is just they are there because the MONEY is TALKING and too many folks are listening to that MONEY.

I actually hate timed trial elimination type racing, but I am forced to do so now because they black flag you on the dirt tracks for even looking wrong at some other driver. I was racing on the circle tracks back in the good ole days and now it is not worth is old girl's time to build a good stockcar.

If I want to see something running around and around without making a little contact once in awhile, I will buy a round aquarium and fill it full of different colored fish, paint numbers on the sides of them and turn them loose and watch them swim, round and round.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:15 PM

There is a difference between being a JG fan and being an ANTI-EARNHARDT fan.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Beat me to it BB! I will say I've got more respect for Jr though.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Yes, you have me on that one for sure. I have been a die hard Earnhardt fan for more years that a lot of the folks on here have been alive.

If we were all alike, this would be such a dull world, now wouldn't it?

When Dale Jr joins up with that other team, I am going to choose a Dodge driver and give up on him.....Dale Jr has the talent, but will never be the man that his Dear Ole Daddy was. Thing is, that when Dale Sr was younger he had a 'lot of puppy' in him too and it took awhile for him to get racing like he should and win.

Like my dear old GrandDaddy said about me, "She's got a lot of fight and her car's got a lot of bite." This was after winning my first stockcar race when I was a teeny bopper. It was also my first time in a stockcar.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Witch View Post
When Dale Jr joins up with that other team, I am going to choose a Dodge driver and give up on him.....Dale Jr has the talent, but will never be the man that his Dear Ole Daddy was. Thing is, that when Dale Sr was younger he had a 'lot of puppy' in him too and it took awhile for him to get racing like he should and win.
Funny thing is, Dale Sr. DID drive a Dodge for a short while. If Jr gets a ride in a Dodge, unlikely I know, would you still give up on him?
For me it's easy, if they don't drive Mopar, then I don't want them to win, simple as that!
However, I've got a lil sympathy for Jr , it's gotta be rough having his stepmom taking over the team and all these folks on his back. He may just feel if he doesn't step away now, he may never get the chance.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Funny thing is, Dale Sr. DID drive a Dodge for a short while. If Jr gets a ride in a Dodge, unlikely I know, would you still give up on him?
For me it's easy, if they don't drive Mopar, then I don't want them to win, simple as that!
However, I've got a lil sympathy for Jr , it's gotta be rough having his stepmom taking over the team and all these folks on his back. He may just feel if he doesn't step away now, he may never get the chance.
Yes, I know that Dale Sr drove a Dodge for awhile and then things changed. I
was lucky enough back in the ~old days~ to get a few pictures of myself and Dale Sr standing next to his cars. (Back then I was dating a NASCAR driver that never made it due to his attitude, from NC, so it was easy for me to meet drivers like Cale Yarbrough, etc. I got lots of pictures like that)

Wicked step Mother Teresa is going to ruin DEI for the want of more money!
That is all that it boils down to, she got the power and she is going to make all of the money that she can...at any cost.

Would I give up in Dale Jr if he drove a DODGE? You are kidding me, arent you? That would be a DREAM answered! Heck, that would even bring me back to the races again...nomatter what the cost of those tickets!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:02 PM

a little contact aint bad, like remember kurt busch and ricky craven, bumping into each other, the whole last lap of darlington (?), a few years back, just too guys fighting over real estate, but then the opposite is Dale Sr, knowing he cant beat Terry Labonte in the night race at Bristol, so he slammed him comming off the last corner, then 2 years or so later, in 99 at same race, Dale Sr KNEW he was beat by Terry Labonte, who had new tires, Dale sr on old tires. What to do? Don't even try to stop, slam right into him! What a mantality! (hey, can't win, lets slam the car that just passed me") That wrecked Labontes car, and 3 or 4 others. Or, wasn't it Ricky Rudd dale sr turned up into, ricky trying to pass on the outside, dale wanted nobody to even think about passing on the outside of him, but ricky wouldn't take dales crap, nor would rusty, and a few others. I rember Bill Elliott had the car to beat in the Winston, got caught behind Bodine, so Dale Sr, knowing he could take a cheapshot at somebody, while a slower car holding them up (cause if they got into open air, it woulda been bye bye Dale, Elliott woulda left him) So he slammed into Elliots car, turning him up into Bodine. He knew how to wreck, and how to block, he's the only reason Sterlin MARLIN DIDN'T WIN THE FIRST YEAR mikey won. Maybe he shoulda been a demo derby driver instead. Oh, and in the 40s and 50s, how fast were they racing? not near as fast as they have since 1969 or since. last I checked, if somebody behind me has a faster car, they should be able to go around me, not thru me. blocking is another issue, do enough of it, be prepared to take a ride. move over? I think not