Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Inactive User

Default Robby Gordon to Dodge this year...

from Jayski.com

"Something up with Robby Gordon? UPDATE been hearing a bunch of rumors the last few days about Robby Gordon Motorsports, driver/owner Robby Gordon and the #7 Ford. Everything from he is selling the team, merging the team or/and switching manufacturers. Rumored teams include Yates Racing, Gillett Evernham Motorsports and Hall of Fame Racing. Email sent to the team has gone unanswered. I have been told Gordon tested at California Speedway Thursday, then left and headed back to California and didn't test there Friday.
UPDATE: Gillett Evernham Motorsports today announced a technical, manufacturing and marketing services agreement with Robby Gordon Motorsports which will race Dodges in the 2008 Sprint Cup season. Gordon's team will use Gillett Evernham Motorsports Dodge engines when practice begins next week at Daytona International Speedway. BAM Racing and Petty Enterprises also use Gillett Evernham Motorsports engines and receive technical assistance. Gillett Evernham Motorsports fields cars for drivers #9-Kasey Kahne, #19-Elliott Sadler and #10-Patrick Carpentier in the Sprint Cup Series as well as a Nationwide Series entry. "I feel this agreement with Gillett Evernham Motorsports helps make the learning curve of the COT little bit easier to navigate," said Gordon whose 28th-place finish in owner points was the best of any single-car team in 2007. "I like what they have going on over there and I think both organizations will benefit. As an owner I want to do what is best for my employees and sponsors." Gordon's move to Dodge comes after one year with Ford. "Ford has been very good to me, and this move is not a reflection on our relationship at all," said Gordon. "Ford was planning on supporting me, and even increasing its engineering support for my program in 2008. However, I felt that I needed to make this move to help put my team in a more stable financial situation in terms of marketing and sponsorship help." Based in Charlotte North Carolina, Robby Gordon Motorsports is home to the No. 7 Dodge. With sponsorship from Jim Beam, Menards, Mapei, and Camping World Robby Gordon will run the entire 2008 Sprint Cup series schedule.(Gillett Evernham Motorsports PR)(GEM PR)(2-1-2008)"
Old 02-02-2008, 10:39 PM

Robbie does have talent, altho it seems he's half the time involved in starting something, wreck, fight. hitting other cars for no reason. One of the the best road course racers there is out there. Hope he stays out of trouble
Old 02-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by it's all dodge View Post
Robbie does have talent, altho it seems he's half the time involved in starting something, wreck, fight. hitting other cars for no reason. One of the the best road course racers there is out there. Hope he stays out of trouble
It'd be better if he stayed out of NASCAR.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Inactive User

Robby "Crash" Gordon
Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Inactive User

i think robby is great...hes just got a passion for racing no matter what hes in. How many of you can go out there and hop into any racing vehicle and be competative...hes got a newer team and isnt gonna be as great as the other bigger teams in nascar, but hes done a helluva job for being a one car team thus far and i only think his team will get better. Watch him run trophy trucks and stuff...the boy has got talent...we all just wish we were half as good.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Inactive User

If you call talent wrecking everybody on the track, Robbie Gordon has shitloads of talent.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Inactive User

Robby was the only single car owner to keep a car in the top 35. He is a outlaw love him or hate him an always a favorite at the road courses.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Inactive User

Mountain Man its obvious your Dale Jr. underwear are a couple sizes to small for you, and its cutting off the blood flow to your brain.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Inactive User

Dale Jr. underwear? LMAO

Shows how much you know dumbass, I'm a Kevin Harvick fan.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Inactive User

Well then I know why your not very happy then if your a Kevin Harvick fan...u havent had much to cheer about for a while.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Inactive User

Looked alot like Kevin "Crash" Harvick there not Robby "Crash" Gordon