Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:05 AM

rolleyes2 Kurt Busch going to Richard Petty Motorsports?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/...=nascar-wp5716

"After his release from Penske Racing, it seemed that there would be a slim chance that Kurt Busch would be in a competitive ride in 2012.

Those chances may be a lot fatter than initially figured. Richard Petty Motorsports COO Robbie Loomis said Tuesday that the team is interested in the 2004 Sprint Cup champion.

From Sirius-Speedway:

"Best Buy has been a great partner for a long time, and AJ Allmendinger has done a fantastic job for us. He's coming off his best season yet, but I can tell you there is a lot of interest on our part in having Kurt Busch in the fold. It makes sense to have Kurt with our team, if we can make it work.""
Old 12-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Inactive User

I doubt this will happen.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:05 PM

Will have to see, I guess. Question is, would The King have the patience or would he even fool with trying to straighten out Kurt? Does Kurt have enough talent to make it worth it? If Busch can learn not to be such a head case, it may be worth it. However, you can't train out hard headedness, so who knows...
Old 12-23-2011, 05:28 AM
Inactive User

K.B. is in the James Finch #51 Chevy

Via ESPN:

"For me, I want to prove I'm making the right changes," Busch said. "I've got to go and smile at the track, have fun with this building project."

Busch said he discussed options with Richard Petty Motorsports, Michael Waltrip Racing and Tommy Baldwin Racing before settling on Phoenix Racing.

"This is all about having fun," he said. "This is about 2012 and what I can do to develop as a driver in a better way. This type of fun will allow me to do such and stand on taller ground."

Phoenix Racing general manager Steve Barkdoll agreed that Finch won't tolerate Busch's behavior, adding the deal will be good for both sides.

"I talked to Kurt a few times," Barkdoll said. "He just wants to get back to where he's having fun again and earn his respect back again. If you ask anybody in the garage where you can have the most fun, it's racing for James Finch."
Old 12-23-2011, 12:57 PM

Maybe Finch needs to hire Jimmy Spencer for Kurt's crew chief.....LOL
Old 12-23-2011, 06:05 PM

Gripe

I was a Kurt Busch fan when he was driving a Dodge, But now he is driving for a 2nd rate Chevy team. His glory days are probably behind him. I doubt he will even make the chase. Hey Kurt, that temper really got you far, didn't it?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Inactive User

I was never a "shrub" fan, no matter what he was driving. lol
Old 01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Inactive User

I am not a Busch Fan either but when they wanted to interview him after he just tanked a couple of positions in the points what sould his reaction be to DR JERRY PUNCH! he is just another reporter asking how he feels. Dumb questions by these reporters trying to hype up the situation most of the time. I think the Penski guys need to lighten up a bit and then they will have better results. KB may surpise us all in the Finch car, just hope AJ surprises us all and wins a few. I am a BK fan and would love for him to win the chase in 2012
Old 01-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar29mod View Post
I am not a Busch Fan either but when they wanted to interview him after he just tanked a couple of positions in the points what sould his reaction be to DR JERRY PUNCH! he is just another reporter asking how he feels. Dumb questions by these reporters trying to hype up the situation most of the time.
Excellent point. They are getting as bad as MSM with the stupid questions, and situational interviews.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Inactive User

I just thought Kurt would do well with Penske racing but i guess his attitude got the better of him