Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Founding Member

Default PENSKE off to FORD in 2013 ......

I wonder who Dodge will go with next year ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...gkR_story.html and http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20120301d

Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Inactive User

Well, that sucks.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 PM

Unhappy

If they don't hook up with another team or start up a new one, it may be the end of Dodge in Nascar. I hope not. I became a fan of Nascar a few years ago when Dodge returned to the sport. If there are no Dodges competing I will not follow it anymore.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Inactive User

Well who will be the Dodge team next year? any thoughts? Dodge has become the minor player the last few years in all 3 Nascar series. Hey they should just sponsor us local racers! they could give less money thousands instead of millions and make a good name in the local areas!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Inactive User

I think now that Fiat is in charge, you'll see even less involvement in American motorsports. They like their Formula car racing over there in Europe.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Founding Member

Well, there is this for 2013 :

http://www.nascar.com/news/120220/20...car-las-vegas/

BTW, some of the pics of the car show a decent looking hot-rod ......

Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340_GTS View Post
I think now that Fiat is in charge, you'll see even less involvement in American motorsports. They like their Formula car racing over there in Europe.
There is no evidence of Fiat pulling back on American motorsports (not yet anyway) In fact they have increased their involvement in NHRA W/ a whole new Pro Stock team.(Jegs) Word is they are looking for a new Nascar team to fly the Dodge banner.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:08 PM

petty motorsports contract with ford is up at the end of the year, and dodge has already contacted them about running mopars for 2013
Old 03-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Inactive User

wouldn't mind getting petty back. if they support him like they did penske they may see better results than when they were previously with dodge. when they were dodge i think they built there own engines since they were originally evernham racing. now that they are ford i wonder if they are using roush engines and got rid of the engine program.
wouldn't mind seeing them get back with ginassi if they can get him to split with dei. in the beginning he seemed to get the most out of the dodges. not thrilled about his current drivers though. they had that daytona win with mcmurry but haven't done much since.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudacarl View Post
......wouldn't mind getting petty back. if they support him like they did penske they may see better results than when they were previously with dodge.
......wouldn't mind seeing them get back with ginassi if they can get him to split with dei. in the beginning he seemed to get the most out of the dodges. not thrilled about his current drivers though.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that both of these things would happen. Richard Petty still has an emotional attachment with MoPar. He drives a pretty sharp new Challenger. Petty would seem a logical choice for Dodge to try and win back.
Also, Ganassi would definitely be nice to see back to Dodge.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Founding Member

BTW, a couple articles (with pics) regarding the 2013 NASCAR Charger :

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gal...ger-2.jpg.html

http://thefinallap.com/2012/03/02/ph...up-series-car/

Old 03-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Inactive User

This is a total fantasy but

Petty-Ganssi Racing

has a nice ring to it

and they get Brad from penske and run the 43 dodge

never happen though
Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Inactive User

Until Dodge makes a commitment to these teams that resembles the commitments of Chevy, Ford, and Toyota, it doesn't matter who owns the teams.

When they first came back to NASCAR I read all the hype, but it soon became evident that the teams had more of a commitment that Dodge did. Yeas the spent the R&D money for the engines and such, but it was the factory involvement that the other teams enjoyed that seemed to be lacking from Dodge.

I'm sure the uncertainty of the corporation's mere existence had something to do with that, too, but it seems to me, no matter what, to compete with the other manufacturers, they at least have to match the level of support and commitment.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 PM

Biggest hurdle is who is going to build the engines with Penske out? Petty doesn't have engine building capabilities? Does'nt look to bright for the future of Dodge in Nascar? I hope I'm wrong though?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Inactive User

i read on jayski a that robby gordon is crrently getting his dodge engines from joey arrington who moved into the gillett/evernham facility.
he built the engines for both ted musgrave & bobby hamilton in the years they won the craftsman truck championship.

this is his site

http://raceenginesplus.com/index.php
Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Inactive User

I would love to see a new team come in with a big Dodge/Mopar sponsorship deal for long term commitment and sign a Driver thats a Mopar guy to stick with it. Brad Keselowski's dad had a Mopar sponsored team in the trucks and Mopar left them to the wolves after a couple of years, I think Brian K has started to run some ARCA cars that are mopars for a couple of drivers, maybe he could use the sponsorship and get brother Brad to come in house and drive. Their Dad (Bob)did pretty good in ARCA winning some championships in the mix, Hard working and great guy, would love to see a Mopar Keselowski team in the cup series.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Inactive User

75200974410PM.jpgARCA car Bob Keselowski
Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Inactive User

brad's got a 2 dodge truck team in nascar. brad runs limited events in one and parker klingerman drives the other. i don't know if it's connected to penske and switching to ford.

http://bradracing.com/
Old 03-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Founding Member

Default Robby Gordon ......

Robby is hoping to gain something from the Penske switch :

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic...e_to_Ford.html

Old 03-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Inactive User

Default penske going to ford

there has been nothing said abt who dodge will support next year for there teams . The problem is nascar racing doesnt really do anything for the manufacture for sales or anything like that its more pr then anything as to who they chose we will find out at the end of the season i guess
Old 03-11-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar29mod View Post
I would love to see a new team come in with a big Dodge/Mopar sponsorship deal for long term commitment and sign a Driver thats a Mopar guy to stick with it. Brad Keselowski's dad had a Mopar sponsored team in the trucks and Mopar left them to the wolves after a couple of years, I think Brian K has started to run some ARCA cars that are mopars for a couple of drivers, maybe he could use the sponsorship and get brother Brad to come in house and drive. Their Dad (Bob)did pretty good in ARCA winning some championships in the mix, Hard working and great guy, would love to see a Mopar Keselowski team in the cup series.
I like your idea about signing a Mopar guy, but who? I think Kurt Busch is the guy (although not universally loved) He is a Mopar guy He raced a Dodge Pro stocker in NHRA & has a Dodge Challenger drag car as well) and he is basically a free agent too. He is also a past Cup champion which gives him a provisional starting position if the new team has any qualifying problems. If He can keep his temper in check, I think he could be the guy.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Inactive User

Brad won again yesterday! It will be sad to see Dodge go to a lesser team (or no team).