Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Inactive User

Default Andretti to NASCAR...with Dodge?

Andretti to NASCAR...with Dodge? UPDATE: Multiple sources have told FOXSports.com that one of the latest candidates for Dodge Motorsports could be Michael Andretti, owner of Andretti Autosport. With Roger Penske's departure from Dodge at the end of the 2012 season, the door is open for new organizations to enter the fold. In addition to Andretti, Richard Petty Motorsports and Furniture Row Racing are the top contenders to field Dodges in 2013. An announcement regarding Dodge's lineup, as well as its engine building plans, could come as early as the weekend of the NASCAR races at Michigan, June 15-17. Andretti currently fields three full-time teams in the IndyCar Series with drivers Marco Andretti, Ryan Hunter-Reay and James Hinchcliffe. It is unlikely that Andretti would use open-wheel talent for a NASCAR venture. Two names mentioned as possibilities to drive for the team are Ryan Newman and Kurt Busch, both of whom have established relationships with Dodge.(FoxSports)(5-18-2012)

UPDATE: No one with Andretti nor Dodge would confirm the talks but neither would deny the possibility when contacted in the past several weeks as rumors spread through the NASCAR community of Andretti's interest. "Andretti Autosport is a business designed to always be open to new opportunities as a race team and as a sports marketing company," said Jade Gurss, director of corporate communications for Andretti Autosport. A Dodge spokesman said the manufacturer was still in the process of evaluating opportunities for next season and could not comment.(Sporting News)(5-18-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Inactive User

With Penske leaving Dodge, I was going to give up on NASCAR. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, especially if its Ryan & Kurt, they're always fun to watch & great drivers. Petty's cars have not done to well since the change, so I hope they come back, besides the #43 should be on a Dodge.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnothing View Post
besides the #43 should be on a Dodge.
Yeah I agree. I've been done with nascar for along time, i'd rather watch usac sprint cars run to begin with. As usual dodge gets the short end of the stick and i'm so sick of rules being cattered to chevrolets and now ford and toyota too. I mean why should chrysler get any leeway to do any kind of competitive innovation right? **** nascar, they can shove it. And now penske is leaving.. i'm definately done watching.. i wont even bother leaving my shop tv on anymore while we work on the racecar.

is it me? Or does every sanctuning body in every form of motor sports try their best to factor out chrysler products? I even had an arguement with my local track board (at a meeting), a few years back about using 18* cylinder heads in the class i was gonna run.. LMAO... they had the engine rules layed out.. only 23* cylinder heads were to be used. What's a dodge?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Inactive User

I doubt that even the Andretti name can help them over at NASCAR. They seem to be too busy screwing the pooch to worry about racing. Unfortunate, but true.

I think the issue with MoPar and racing is a two way street.