Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Founding Member

Default Finally, some light at the end of the ChryCo - NASCAR tunnel ......

Some encouraging news :

http://www.mikemulhern.net/DailyBrie...rogram/page-1/

Old 08-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Inactive User

Turns out the light is a train...
Old 08-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Inactive User

What a disappointment, sounds like SRT is going with the less popular racing series. I feel like my dog just got ran over. Watch Ralph Gilles video announcment it will make you sick. No mopars in stock car racing, what is wrong with him!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:02 AM

it doesnt sell cars
Old 08-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Founding Member

Sadly : http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/

I always had a feeling the Fiat connection would yield something like this quote from the article : "Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne and his cadre of Italian executives are no fans of NASCAR. They just don't buy into the NASCAR idea......".

So there we have it. Nice while it lasted.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Moparchat Barracuda Owner

What we need to do is a group of us true Mopar fans need to pool together resources and buy Ma Mopar back from the foriegners and make it what it once was a the pride and joy of everyone that joined the club.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Inactive User

I think what Sergio has done with Chrysler is pretty positive, however I am really disapponted that there is no support for local short track racing and now none for Nascar. Pretty lame, but I did read that they have not commented for next year after a possible reorganization. Toyota engines are provided by TRD and most top chevy engines by Hendrick, and Ford engines from Roush so maybe there will be a restructuring to have a SRT engine program? read the artical from allpar.com on the Nascar update
Old 08-12-2012, 11:10 AM

Unhappy

When Penske pulled the plug on the Dodge deal & went to Ford it caught the Dodge guys off guard. Penske would have done better if they would have put up with Kurt Busch's crap (He's been in the chase consistently for years) rather then going with less talented drivers (Allmendinger & Hornish) Keslowski is a good driver and it shows in the win column. Penske thinks if he goes to Ford everything will work out. I doubt it, They will lose probably 2 seasons trying to figure out the Ford engines. Roush & Yates won't help them. I wish Penske luck (all of it bad luck). They will have 1 good driver (Keslowski) & that's all. They will have lost a lot of loyal Dodge fans, Ford fans will stick to their teams Rousch etc. They won't root for Penske.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Inactive User

I wish Mopar would sift the big Nascar money down to the local racer level, and get dealers on board with lowering the performance parts cost. Dealer cost is about double what I can find on internet. I tried to get the Mopar guys to send me some Mopar logos (computer grafics)that I could put on my modified and that wasn't a go either. Breaks my heart that they spend all this money and get so little in return, and the competitors factory performance cost seems to keep getting comparatively lower! I hope Mopar/SRT/Dodge.... will figure something out. Drifting, road racing and off road/Coar are not big fan atractions and rare on tv, thousands of racers every fri,sat,sun at local circle tracks and dragstrips everyweekend aross the US