Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-06-2001, 09:25 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

The Intrepids may be strugglin' a little but the Rams are eatin' them alive. GO DODGE RAM. I bet the Phord and Shivvy guys are havin' a fit. Good!!! It's about time.
Rambo
Old 05-09-2001, 06:22 PM
Inactive User

Wink

What they haven't strapped the Dodge trucks with some kind of aerodynamic penalty yet? Hey, I'm glad to see the Rams kickin' shivy & furd butt!
Old 05-09-2001, 11:30 PM
Inactive User

This whole issue of Nascar Truck vs. Cup really has me confused a little. When you talk to some of the Dodge truck teams, they say Ford and GM have a slight aero advantage. But yet Dodge is dominating the circuit.

On the Winston Cup side, they use essentially the same engine, driveline combo as the trucks. Their aero package is supposed to be almost the same as Ford and GM. When HP comparisons are published, Ford is on top, GM next and Dodge bringing up the rear.

Are we really saying the Dodge trucks really don't have much competition(other than Hendricks and Rousch trucks)? On the Cup side there are so many competitive teams, we become just part of the crowd. Or, are Arrington's engines that much better than the other Dodge engine builders? Of the Cup engine builders, only Ernie Elliot's engines have really run well. I know Kyle used an Arrington engine for qualifying only at California(qualified 7th or 8th) but used a Petty engine in the race.

Anyone else with an opinion?
Old 05-10-2001, 08:50 AM
Inactive User

Default aerodynamic penalty

GS,

ESPN2 announced that there would be an aerodynamic penalty for the Dodge trucks. I heard that the size of the front air dam will be increased by several inches. I also heard that the rear spoiler angle will be changed in order to take away some of the down force. I don't know if this just applies to restricter plate tracks or both short tracks and restricter plate tracks.

Has anyone else heard anything about this new aero package for the Dodge trucks?
Old 05-10-2001, 10:39 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down Aerodynamic Penalty

Sounds familiar dosen't it. Thanks Kenneth!

What purpose does it serve to negate or penalize winning performance on any vehicle as long as it complies with the series rules? I can understand about being fair, but not to the point of making a race more dangerious with trucks or cars running 3 wide to the finish line. Your liable to get killed trying to block other racers for a team mate (How familiar does that sound?).

I love Nascar!
Old 05-10-2001, 12:06 PM

They lowered the minimum height for the front air dam on Fords and raised it on the Dodges. They also took some spoiler off the back of the Dodges. The changes were supposed to give Fords more front down force for turning and less downforce in the front for the Dodges. It didn't make any difference -- The Dodges still finished 1 and 2. The margin of victory was 11 seconds, the third widest margin in CTS history. And that margin was over another Dodge! The first non-Dodge was way back there ...
Old 05-10-2001, 12:15 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Excellent!!! I didn't hear about the latest Nascartruck victory. Coming in 1 & 2 is awesome!!!
Old 05-10-2001, 01:47 PM
Inactive User

They are tinkering with the truck models and the quality of racing is deteriorating. Just look at the trucks in their first years and compare them to today. They used to be very close to stock shaped, but now are slab-sided and disfigured like the Cup cars. The fronts look very little like stock, and even the windshield angle is different. I wish they would go back to the stock shape and let the chips fall where they may.