Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-10-2004, 10:03 PM

Default Which car number was most significant in nascar racing??

On nascar.com 59% of the vote went to #3 and I think 20some%went to the King. Who are these people that think Earnhardt's are the only people in nascar. It's got to be a generation gap or something? They called Dale Sr. the intimidator because if he couldn't get around you he'd bump you out of the way. They call Richard the King because there wasn't ever a time that he couldn't get around you. What do you guys think?

Personally, I despise the people that drive around in a Dodge Ram with a big #3 and #8 sticker in the back window. I'm just a Mopar finatic i guess.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Inactive User

Yes, I agree with you. It realy gripes my A$$ when I see #3 or #8 on any mopar.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Inactive User

Yeah same here. They are so in love with them they put their numers on anything. I have seen it on trucks, cars, boats, motorcycles, hats (obviously) and even one on a damn baby stroller. People really need to get a grip.
Richard was the king because of his driving not being intimadating. He didnt need that stuff.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Inactive User

Default #43 Forever!

I would love to see Jeff Green bust out and winn several this year!
Old 02-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Inactive User

Default A DODGE WILL WIN DAYTONA

I TO THINK HAVING 3 OR 8 ON MOPAR IS DISHEARTING I HAVE HAD A NUMBER 2 DECAL FOR A LONG TIME AND WHEN PENSKE WENT TO DODGES THAT WAS THE FIRST THING I DID . I REALLY THINK THAT THIS YEAR WE WILL SEE MORE DODGES IN VICTORY LANE OTHER THAN FLYN RYAN ,MAN CAN HE DRIVE OR WHAT.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Banned

Re: Which car number was most significant in nascar racing??

Quote:
Originally posted by duane_koda
On nascar.com 59% of the vote went to #3 and I think 20some%went to the King. Who are these people that think Earnhardt's are the only people in nascar. It's got to be a generation gap or something? They called Dale Sr. the intimidator because if he couldn't get around you he'd bump you out of the way. They call Richard the King because there wasn't ever a time that he couldn't get around you. What do you guys think?

Personally, I despise the people that drive around in a Dodge Ram with a big #3 and #8 sticker in the back window. I'm just a Mopar finatic i guess.
I agree with you. Richard had 200 wins, the most poles,most races won in one seasom ('67), many most popular driver awards ( 3 had how many? 0 ) He had class too. Something 3 never had.

Did you see 3 take out Hamiltonin the 43, 3 times and get passed 2 times after 3 hit him and sent him to the pits. Of course the 3rd time 3 took him out it was for good. NASCAR should have DQed 3 for that crap cause that aint racing. There's too many of these incendents to mention, but this one and the night race at Charlette where the whole crowd booed 3 for him taking out the leader for second time ( he did it to him in both the spring and fall race) come to mind. That's the first time I ever heard the whole crowd booing over all the other cars still running to the finish line.

As for decals on Dodges, I have a 3 and 8 on my 4x4. They both have red circles drawn around them with a slash mark through them. I imagine that tics many people off, but them again NASCAR and 3 and 8 tic me off, so we are even.

And what do you think about NASCAR letting 8 and 15 cheat on teh restricor plate only tracks that get the most exsporsure and money poured into them. It's just another way for NASCAR to make money for themselves and run down the sport.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: Which car number was most significant in nascar racing??

Quote:

It makes me so mad

I hate JR, I hate the way NASCAR has to talk about him all the time, doesn't matter if he is running 1st or 31st.

I hated his dirty racing father too.

Did you guys see that move that Sterling made on punk Harvin in the 125 today
Old 02-13-2004, 12:40 AM
Inactive User

Off we go again.
New year.......same old bitchin'.

How about putting some of your energy into something positive instead of griping about Nascar and the Earnhardts year after year?

The 43 is the most important number in Nascar!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Inactive User

I agree!

Yeah, look out for Sterling and Jamie Mac in the 500! They were both hot Thursday! I love the 42's paint job! It's retro classy.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Inactive User

My truck has the #12 on it!!
Old 02-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation Re: 12

Mine to! But I've made a pack with myself as far back as 2001. I'll display any Nascar Dodges number that wins the Daytona for 1 year (on my truck)....just to rub it in. Last one was the #22 Catepiller Dodge driven by Ward Burton. I'm looking forward for the next Dodge to win and I don't care which Dodge win's it.

I would love to stick a #2 on it for Rusty though! And since I live down the road from Mark Martin's home town, I'd stick the #6 on my wifes birght red Yukon, just to piss off Earnhardt fans.

Quote:
Originally posted by QCHemi
My truck has the #12 on it!!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Inactive User

Though I'm a Jeff Gordon fan (don't hurt me!), I'd really like to see McMurray take the 500. He's got some talent and it's time for him to stand at the top of the biggest race of the year. Maybe one day Hendrick will switch all cars to Dodges (probably would never happen as long as that company is around though, but can't we all dream?!) I'm a fan of Gordon as a driver, but dang, he needs to rip off the bowtie!
Old 02-19-2004, 01:51 AM
Inactive User

I got a 71 on my truck. Too bad he don't race anymore. I belive his last win was in a dodge at talladega in the 70's
Don't forget the #71 K&K insurance charger daytona.

#9 has a new guy driving this year. Flying Bill is running #91 on a limited schedual. He has been the most popular driver because he is a class act.

The King won most of his 200 wins behind the wheel of a mopar.

I live about 10 miles from Chicagoland Speedway and seeing all the 8's and 24's in july makes me sick.

I think the fans should boo every Toyoda at the truck races.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:09 PM

Hey, I knew you guys agreed with me. We know the truth. I read some big news on nascar today. Starting at Rockingham (STP) is back on the hood of the infamous Mopar with Cheerios of course but hey can't get much better! I believe that good things for the Petty's are still to come and when they do we will be there to thoroughly enjoy the glory! #43 forever.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up OH YEAH!

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!
Old 02-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Inactive User

Me too! That day will be a much bigger day to Mopar fans and push DEI into the past. Boy I sure wish Adam was around, there would be a different song playing at Nascar!!!!

Quote:
Hey, I knew you guys agreed with me. We know the truth. I read some big news on nascar today. Starting at Rockingham (STP) is back on the hood of the infamous Mopar with Cheerios of course but hey can't get much better! I believe that good things for the Petty's are still to come and when they do we will be there to thoroughly enjoy the glory! #43 forever.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:44 AM

Not as bad as 46 in MotoGP...

‘Angel number’ 43 means you are capable and willing to succeed.
The King is and will forever be the King...

Look up UK Mopar Nats Superstock final, Sunday. Approx 5pm UK, 30th JULY 2021

Don Scott running NINES with a HEMI!!!

Nuff said.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 43 don.jpg (56.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Gtxxjon; 08-09-2021 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:27 AM

huh????????????????
Old 09-03-2021, 11:15 PM

anyone here??
Old 09-04-2021, 04:30 AM

Default Numbers

Hi 70 Ted,

I am 71 GTX here in the UK.

In MotoGP number 46 is the infamous Rossi.

In The land of Mopar its 43 that has reigned supreme I believe?

But for me its number 22 that stands out the MOST!
Not the Rossi red Daytona, but the lesser known Blue 'Bobby Allison' Charger 500...

In modern times there have been a new resurgence in Nascar numbers...

For me and my LA friend it has to be number 2, 'Rusty Wallace'...

Last edited by Gtxxjon; 09-04-2021 at 04:36 AM.