Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Inactive User

Default Harvick wants to kick dumbo's a--

Check out link at nascar...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5442824
Old 03-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Banned

Biggrin

I can't blame him at all. HEck, I'd like to kick both of them a........

Old 03-28-2006, 07:25 PM

Screw Harvick!!! He's just jealous of anyone else that is doing better than himself. Get a life Kevin....
Old 03-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Banned

Biggrin

But BB, aint that everyone ?? LOL!! After all there is talk he will loose his RCR ride.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Inactive User

The only one who needs an a** kickin is Kevin Harvick. On top of being a smartass hes too cocky.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Inactive User

Default trash talk

I get soooo tired of the trash talk from pro ball and stick athletes, (thats why I don't watch them anymore), and know it's making its way into racing. Stop all the trash talk and do your talking on the race track, that's were it counts the most anyway.

They way some of these trash talkers sound it makes them sound like 3rd graders, we are all adults, right?

Brian
Old 03-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Inactive User

Oh, it's all part of the show. It's the reason I don't watch NASCAR any more. It's like the WWF of motorsports. You know, RASSLIN'!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Inactive User

You can bet your ass if he was still alive Dale Earnhardt wouldnt be talking trash or running his mouth like most of those drivers today do.

Anybody who ever messed with him on the racetrack didnt get shoved or badmouthed on TV, they just always answered for what they did to him sometime during that next weeks race.

I really think when he died, NASCAR pretty well did too.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:39 AM
Inactive User

Dale Earnhart was a blow-hard who wrecked dozens of people he thought "got in his way". He should have been banned from racing 5 years before he killed himself. Put Earnhart on a track with Richard Petty and Cale Yarbough and see what happens....Earnhart loses. The "all the same" cars and the "personality" drivers have made NASCAR like watching grass grow....BORING!
Old 03-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Inactive User

I got into a discussion a few weeks ago about this very thing. A very good friend of mine who is a NASCAR nut (tapes every race) was defending all the crapola that goes on in racing today. He swore all night that NASCAR drivers were the most approachable sports atheleats. I had a problem with them being called atheleats but the bigger point was their emerging attitude. I think they are on the way to becoming another group of anoying spectacals like other pro's. Gone are the days of good loser and sportsmanship on and off the track. Trailers and "people" who talk for the drivers. The days of a King Richard are gone for good. Some would say thats great, I think it's a tradgedy. Dale Sr. started it all by getting away with reckless driving on the track. Knucleheaded fans loved his antics because thats what America has become. Take basketball for instance. That was the sport I loved the most. I played it for years and years. Watched my beloved N.Y. Knicks growing up, and was also a huge fan of the Buffalo Braves. Back then it was pure shooting with good defense and good mechanics. Today a player has to elbow, shoot from the tree point line, travel( I see it all the time and it's never called) and be a general ass so he can get fan recognition. The part of being a superstar outweighs the good all around player. Flash sells, brashness is the order of the day. A player like Pete Maravich, Willis Reed. Walt Frazier, Daryl Dawkins, Tom Borwinkle, Gar Heard would be laughed off the court. Their unselfish play, technical abilities aren't good enough. They played quietly and won games and generally didn't make a spectacle of themselves. Football is even worse. Why oh why do we need to see all the damn dancing, chest bumping, playing to the crowd crap. Like Marv Levy used to say. When you get a touchdown act like you have been in the endzone before.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Banned

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkercolt
Dale Earnhart was a blow-hard who wrecked dozens of people he thought "got in his way". He should have been banned from racing 5 years before he killed himself. Put Earnhart on a track with Richard Petty and Cale Yarbough and see what happens....Earnhart loses. The "all the same" cars and the "personality" drivers have made NASCAR like watching grass grow....BORING!
e did race against these guys, and he lost time and time again. Most wont remember the #8 Dodge Charger he drove, but most will remember the # 2 Wrangler car he drove along with the #3 Wrangler car he drove that turned into the black #3 a few years later. I've seen him loose more than once to the likes of Richard Petty and Cale Yarbough and Darrel Waltrip. Didn't Waltrip win both the Daytona 500 and a Championship in fewer races? Of course he did. HE was not that great.

Remeber when he spun T. Labonte at Bristol during the night race and Terry slid backwards first over the line to win anyways. THen e spun Terry again at the next Bristol race out of second so he would crash on the back stretch this time. I have it on tape and you can hear the whole crowd boo him that time. Even the fans backlashed on him for that one. And all he could do was grin and laugh about it on tv like it was nothing.

One that really gets me is where he spun out Bobby Hamiliton driving Richards 43 car not one, not two, not three, but four times during a race. I believe that was a Bristol day race. Ther first two were just spins with no damage and both times Hamilton passed e clean within a matter of laps he was so fast that day. The last two times e forced him in the wall. After going a lap dwon on the 3rd one after repairing damage in the pits he made up the lap and passed e clean again. The last wreck of the 4 put hamilton on the trailer. I wont to know why he was not banned for this one. If I did that at the Motorplex in my NASCAR G.N. Sportsman car I'd be banned that night.

And some of oyu guys don't know the history of NASCAR. There's been trash talk and fist fights for years. First time the whole Daytona 500 was aired on CBS Cale, and both Allisons got intot a brawl in turn 4 and Petty won the race. I'm just glad the drug abuse,DUI's, and spouse abuse is not found in the family sport of NASCAR like it is in all the other over payed over grown kids sports.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Inactive User

BS!

Earnhardt didnt mean to wreck Terry Labonte.........he was just trying to rattle his cage a little

Besides that, it was Bristol...that bump and run is common place there or any short track like it. It use to really bug me how any other driver could do whatever the hell he wanted to, but let Dale Earnhardt do the same things and it was like he had committed a crime.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Banned

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM1500
Earnhardt didnt mean to wreck Terry Labonte.........he was just trying to rattle his cage a little

Besides that, it was Bristol...that bump and run is common place there or any short track like it. It use to really bug me how any other driver could do whatever the hell he wanted to, but let Dale Earnhardt do the same things and it was like he had committed a crime.
I remember that comment, real well. And ask Terry if he thought it was just a regular bump and run. Both could not have been more blatent.

And your right, there's others that have gotten away with it and deserved some fines or something for what they have done. But e did it so many times, so in your face on purpose and everyone knew it and he always got by scot free. So it makes it easy to single him out.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Inactive User

part of the problem of why you see drivers having to hit each other to pass is that nascar has limited them so much on what they can do that they are to equal.

ever watch the old shows where petty and pearson, passed each other hundreds of times and hardly ever touched. those were the days.and people had to have some enginuity to make the cars work and go fast. not anymore

everyone has to do something stupid just to get attention, i think harvick is just building himself up for when he tells all about how he is going to be in a toyota next year
Old 03-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Inactive User

Doing stupid things really gets attention, your right about that 66b...........just look at the attention it got Tony Stewart in the past. It was funny to me how he bitched and moaned about aggressive driving.......then turned around the very same week he said it was going to kill somebody and forces people below the line into the grass.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

If Earnhardt was still alive, he would be whining, sniffling, complaining, and being a ass, just like he did before he died, but at least he wouldn't be near as annoying as his son.................
NASCAR is BORING
Old 03-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgetruckboy
If Earnhardt was still alive, he would be whining, sniffling, complaining, and being a ass, just like he did before he died, but at least he wouldn't be near as annoying as his son.................
NASCAR is BORING

If NASCAR is boring to ya youve apparently never went to Bristol and seen a race in person.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:32 AM
Banned

BS!

No, I rather go to Tennessee and hang with Dyno, and dwc, and watch REAL races.................
Sorry, BORING.