Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Inactive User

Default Chad Knaus and research?!

First things first, the rumor of Dodge leaving NASCAR will die very soon especially if Kasey Kahne continues to lead the win total (currently tied with Jimmie Johnson) with 4 wins for the 2006 season. Guys like Kahne and Newman who are young guys driving the hell out of these Dodges and getting good results will keep them in as long as the wins and media are put on them.

Secondly, I have been wondering some things about Chad Knaus and the #48 Hendrick team. How many times has he been suspended this year? And also, how many of those suspensions were for cheating? Jimmie Johnson has a leg up on the competition right now and with the media talking about all the research they put into their program, I was wondering how much of the research is for cheating and finding loop-holes in the system. The roof mounted cameras that are now placed on every nextel cup car creates a wicked downforce onto the rear spoiler, especially on super speedways. Not so much at Indy because it is more of a momentum track than draft. Now don't get me wrong, a 5/8 run on the front and backstretch does involve a draft strategy, but with the 1/8 short-shoots, its more about momentum to pull them onto the long stretches with the speed and velocity they want. But anyways, back to the car setup, I have only seen a few cars this year with repeated LF tire rub, all being Ford except J J's #48 Chevy. Towards the end of the Allstate 400, the repair tape put on the 48 car rolled up into a ball. Though it doesn't seem like much of a deal, it does put a downforce towards the middle of the drivers side which takes away from drag on the LF. Now don't think I'm saying they were cheating by placing repair tape on the hood and fender, but after all the repair, there was still tire rub.

The #48 and the #24 are teammates, correct. Wasn't it funny that Gordon was the one with a broken swaybar mount, but still no tire rub. What has Chad Knaus found out on the front end of that 48 car??!! There is no other Chevy running with the downforce like his, not even the 24 or his other teammate #25 Brian Vickers!

If anyone else has any ideas, please write back. I have been paying close attention to the Hendrick teams since the Daytona gas tank suspension of Chad Knaus. It all seems a little awkward to me.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Inactive User

That must be why he gets paid the big bucks.