Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum > Movies and Television

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Banned

Biggrin Dukes of Hazzard.

Well I went to see the movie at the 4 oclock showing today after some long hard work out in the heat.

The story line kinda sticks like I knew it would. I saw some clips on tv and the web that were missing from the movie. Movie seemed like it was missing something as if they cut out some scenes that really needed to be there.

We only paid $6 bucks for both of us so it was worth it. You should go to watch it just for the driving. There were some great stunt drivers in that film.

If anyone heard John Boy and Billy Fri. morning (Frank?) they would have heard the interview with Bo and Luke from the movie. They said only 26 Chargers were destroyed in the making of the movie. I think that is very low. They showed some clips at the end that showed the stunts that went all wrong and cost them a Charger. I think it was way over the 26 cars already mentioned.

Prices on Charger sales have gone up by 64% since the movie has been advertised. Hemi Charger prices have trippled. Don't you wish you had one ??

Hit the mag racks too. I bought 4 today. Muscle Car Review, Hot Rod, and two Mopar Mags. Some have General Lee stuff in them, wing cars and NASCAR, Hemis, and more.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:10 AM

I saw it and I hate to admit it, but I was entertained. My daughter was determined to go see it so I figured what the heck. I'm just glad that the General Lee was never a Plymouth Roadrunner, it may be good for speculators but I still see it as Mopar destruction. Sorry bout that Charger fans.....
I wonder if those prices increases will last till the end of the year, the market has been known to fluctuate after all.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Inactive User

Thanks for the heads-up Dave & Stoga. I know I'll be seeing it, I figure if they wreck any MoPars nothing can be done so you may as well go make them wrecking it worth while, agree?

I heard 4x as many cops cars got wreck compared to the General Lees - WHEW!

Old 08-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up I enjoyed it too!

(I posted this in another thread, but decided to put it here, as it will be more appropriate here I believe)

Well I'll let you all form your own opinions of the actors and the movie, but if you go to see it, stay and watch the ending credits. They show three or four bad jump landings that are pretty incredible. Those chargers had beefed frames, cages and such, and actually held up surprisingly well considering. One time the car lands on it's nose and pirouettes (spelling) as it self destructs, and a couple others where it lands on the highway and loses control and eats the guardrail. I got a weird feeling that I was watching Vanishing Point during a couple of chase scenes, dont know what triggered that tho. I think the quality of filming/editing of the chases was very good quality, however, the story, and the actors was b-movie quality.

I went to see it Friday at 12:00pm, there was only eight other people in the theater. Practically had the place to myself!
Old 08-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Inactive User

My daughter and her boyfriend went to see it, she said she thinks she lost a few brain cells watching it. Her boyfriend it was pretty lame.
I have no plans, or desire, to see it.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Inactive User

I actually enjoyed it. Most on my local racing forum also got a kick out of it. It is not meant to be a serious movie, just a lot of fun.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Inactive User

Default low expectations

I went into the movie with very low expectations so I actually thought it was pretty entertaining. Stifler and the Jackass guy are funny. It has absolutely nothing to do with the tv show other than the name of the characters. Uncle Jesse actually is a bootlegger. In the tv show I believe he was a clean perfect neighborly farmer.

But if it was like the tv show, nobody would watch it except for the car chases. Which were excellent.

As far as wrecking Chargers. That show has brought so much fame and fans to Mopar and the Charger that I think it is worth it. Would you rather the General Lee be a Mustang just so the wreck them.

Just don't try any of the stunts with your own Charger. Unless it's one of the new ones.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Inactive User

Jesse and the boys were retired moonshiners/runners on the show too. My sister and I are talking about going to see it wed afternoon during the cheap times.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Inactive User

ive had my General at the movies everynight since opening , i was expecting a bad movie BUT was suprsized to find it funny and ofcourse how can you go wrong with the General whooping the rustang :-) its the only movie that i have seen in yrs that people have a good time watching and talk about after wards in the lobby and parking lot . its really a blast watcing people freak when they walk out and see my General sitting there :-) ive had everyone from little kids to poeple in there 80s rave over it :-)

as for the people who wine about them smashing chargers { i do love the charger } they made a point that they jumped the cars they were not restorable and the cars that were wrecked were bondo babys with rotted frames they used the worst they could find . most jumps were catapults flying hulks painted up { thats why they lost control } there was no one driving lol . besides good or bad they died a great death unlike most old classic cars that rot in feilds becouse some dumb ass is going to fix it . all in all tv show and movie only about 320 cars were used , small number if you compaire to how many were built . 1000s were scraped for the engines back in the day .

i would like to ad to any of the papers or criDicks who put the dukes down . go to hell its #1 so the people like it and you suck haha
Old 08-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Inactive User

I went to see it today (only paid $5.50), wasn't too bad, I was disipointed they had a serious case if disrespect for other people's property and they didn't seem to have them act too much like their counterparts did in the series (too disrespectful).
Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Inactive User

I went to it tonite with my wife and she liked it, I thought it was good and there was some damn good drivers in that movie, I was stunned. Like 1 faski said I know of at least twenty chargers rotting away in peoples yards and pastures, and they are all going to fix em up, so I too am happy they are dying a glorious death.
The theatre was pretty full for a midweek show.