Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Neon Club Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Inactive User

Default i was wonderingggg

Hi im new to the domestic world therefore i got alot on my mind. Iwas orginally going to get a subaru wrx (my really dream is a sti) but things took a left turn and a yellow 2003 srt-4 landed on my lap for a great price. I was wondering is this car as good as what i have been reading? im looking for performance for some good street racing. I really wanted a awd car but at this time dont have the funds to get what i want. im into modifications but at the same time getting things for a good price are the performance parts expensive for this car? any answer will be deeply appreciated
Old 07-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Inactive User

Sorry no body replied to your post before now, I just joined the list. I thought I was already a member, but I guess not. The SRT-4 Neon is a good platform for performance and modifications. Some of them are not too badly priced, others will be much more expensive. I don't have a SRT-4 so I do not know if they already come with the Limited Slip Differential. If not you should invest in one to deal with the torque steer issue and enhance cornering as well as acceleration. Another good place to modify the car is the suspension, swapping in Polyurethane bushings instead of the factory rubber pieces. While you are working on that you will most likely need an alignment when you finish. Get as much negative camber on all four corners as your adjustments will allow. Since they are probably factory adjusters you most likely will not be able to get much. As a rule, the Neon responds well to 2 degrees negative in the front and 1 degree negative in the rear. If you have not already found them you can do a search online for other forums dedicated to the Neon and the Neon SRT-4.