Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Inactive User

rolleyes Alec Baldwin's voice mail to his daughter...

BALDWIN: I'm tired of playing this game with you. I'm leaving this message with you to tell you, you have insulted me for the last time. You have insulted me! You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being. I don't give a (bleep) that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old or that you're a child or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the (bleep) who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone. This (bleep) you pull on me with this (bleep) phone situation, that you would never dream of doing to your mother, and you do it to me constantly, and over and over again! I am going to get on a plane, and I am going to come out there for the day, and I'm going to straighten your (bleep) out when I see you! Do you understand me? I'm going to reeeeeally make sure you get it! So I'm going to get on a plane. I'm going to turn around and I'm going to come home. So you better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me. So I'm going to let you know just how I feel about what a rude little pig you really are. You are a rude, thoughtless little pig!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Inactive User

My son is a gift from God to me.He is my greatest treasure and the best thing to ever happen to me. I did not know what unconditional love was untill I became a dad and I did not become a grown-up untill he came along. I can't imagine treating him this way or even not living in the same town as him.Maybe if Baldwin lived closer to his kid he wouldn't have this problem.
Inactive User

I wonder what she did, eat red meat maybe?

Thumbs down

Hello, DCYF? I'd like to report............................................ .

How dumb can he be to leave a message on voice mail? Bad enough....no, deplorable what he said to his own child, but to be a celebrity who has gone off on the media before, to leave this evidence behind................on the other hand, it is a good thing because this is evidence that he can't spin. He probably has been brow-beating his family for years. This can prove it.

I hope he gets dragged into family court and dealt with severely. You just don't deal with a child in that manner. Somebody needs anger management big time.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Inactive User

I wonder if Sharpton & Co. will jump on him for "verbal abuse"...
Old 04-21-2007, 01:04 AM

I've seen this before, all I can say is the daughter should be glad she has Alec who'll just chew her on the phone compared to my parents, who wouldn't take NO crap for any reason.
It seems more like an attempt on Basinger's part to demean Baldwin than anything. Until we know what the daughter had to say, it's hard to say if Alec's anger was unjustified.
This really shouldn't have been shared with the public, but compared to some of the crap that has been done to children by abusive parents, a rude e-mail is hardly something to get worked up about. I do think calling his kid a "pig" is a bit much, then again, we never got to see what set him off either.
I went to school when the teachers still used the "board", this is nothing.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:42 AM
Inactive User

I think it is. This idiot doesn't even know how old his daughter is. Sure, he is going through a really bad devorce, right now, but it's not the daughters fault.
It wasn't an email, it was a voice mail. They played it on TV last night. It's pretty bad to read, but it's even worse to listen to. There seemed to be real anger in his voice. Yes, I know he's an actor, (read phoney) but it didn't sound as though he was acting. It sounded like an abusive parent.

If this guy gets a pass, it'll be because of who he is. Too bad.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Inactive User

I have to agree with Stoga on this one. They were talking about it on the Bubba The Love Sponge show yesterday and the whole thing is is that we have no idea what led up to him making the call. What they did tell on that show is what the circumstances are with his visitation with his kids and that Bassinger is really putting him through the ringer. Everyone has a breaking point, and maybe he just got stressed enough to reach his. We have no idea what his daughter did either. It could very well be a situation where the mother has filled the kids head with her anger towards him and has turned the daughter against him. Maybe everyone shouldnt jump all over him until the facts behind it are all there. It may have been a bad decision, but everyone makes mistakes. Just my 2 cents
Old 04-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Inactive User

I heard Stogas point on the Michael Savage show but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to like minded people.Don't take that as an insult Stoga. I'm just poking at you. The scenario I play in my head is that he (Baldwin) has done this before and has really crushed his daughter in the past.I think Kim has had enough of this and used the media to hit him with a tacticle nuke. He should have known better too. I mean he IS famous.I say good for Kim.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:16 PM

Should have known better than to correct his own daughter?
As for Ms. Basinger, it wasn't that long ago she blew a ton of cash buying Braselton, Georgia. It's not like she's the most stable of personalties either.
As for the scenarios in your head, be careful, they're not real, ya know.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Banned

What did his daughter do?
Old 04-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoga View Post
Should have known better than to correct his own daughter?
As for Ms. Basinger, it wasn't that long ago she blew a ton of cash buying Braselton, Georgia. It's not like she's the most stable of personalties either.
As for the scenarios in your head, be careful, they're not real, ya know.
Oh well, it's her money.Good for Braslton's economy.Is anyone in Hollywood really very stable? I think calling your child names is not productive and what you call correcting his kid, I call verbal abuse.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
What did his daughter do?
Wasn't available when he called.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmas67 View Post
Oh well, it's her money.Good for Braslton's economy.Is anyone in Hollywood really very stable? I think calling your child names is not productive and what you call correcting his kid, I call verbal abuse.
Hmmmm, Verbal abuse? Over the years my parents have called me many things, some of which I would get in trouble repeating on here. I have never considered anything they said to be to be abusive. Its called getting angry and saying things that you might not mean. Everyone does it as I am completely sure that you have as well. Would you want to be labeled as an abuser for saying something in anger? I doubt it. To me this all seems like someone pulling the victim card again to try and slander another, but I will wait to draw my conclusions until all of the facts are out there.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Inactive User

I think Baldwin's a jerk. Has been for a long time.

I think Basinger's way out of line releasing this to the press.

The one I feel for is the kid; she's probably a pretty typical 11-year-old in the way she acts, but is caught in a very public tug-of-war, and is being used as the weapon against by the two adults against each other.

This whole thing just sickens me.

I still wonder if Sharpton & Co. will get involved in this one. (OK, so that was sarcasm. I'm not REALLY wondering that because I know he won't get involved in this one - for numerous reasons.)
Old 04-21-2007, 07:22 PM

I don't have any thoughts on Baldwin one way or another but when he was married to Kim I sure wanted to be him (for a few minutes each evening).
Old 04-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned

Few minutes?

You are easy to please!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Inactive User

You're only a kid once. It's not right to steal a kid's childhood cuz "your life" got complicated. Not only does he mess with her childhood, he also takes time away from her adult life with trips to the counselor. He's gonna be another one of those celeb's that apologizes only cuz he got caught. I sorry, but what a loser.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Inactive User

Well,

I have a 12 year old at home and at times they can be trying as many of you know! Why, I don't agree with Mr. Baldwin and the name calling. I would think that she has fired a few across his bow for him to leave such a message.

He was wrong to blow his top is the bottom line. your kids no matter if they live with you or on the other side of the planet tend to emulate their parents good or bad behavior.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Inactive User

Little pig, little pig, let me in!
Not from the hair on my chinny, chin-chin!

Here's a guy who'll never see his kids again....