Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Immigration Redux

Who SAYS it can't be done?

As an addendum to the post about our legislators who are balky on the subject of immigration reform, check out some historical facts.

Back during the great depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the deportation of all illegal aliens in order to make the jobs available to American citizens that desperately needed work. And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 1.3 million Mexican nationals (called operation "Wetback") in order that returning American WWII and Korean veterans had a better chance at jobs. It took 2 years, but they deported them.

If they could deport the illegals back then, they can sure do it today!! If you have doubts about the veracity of this information, just type Operation Wetback into your favorite search engine and confirm it for yourself.

It's not about whether or not Americans need the jobs it's about the precedent of taking action and deporting illegals. It has been done.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
It's not about whether or not Americans need the jobs it's about the precedent of taking action and deporting illegals. It has been done.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kunkel View Post
Who SAYS it can't be done?

HEAR! HEAR!

And for those who think it's immoral: THEY'RE WRONG. This is about continuing to remain a sovereign nation, and a nation is nothing without its borders.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote of the Century.

"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration"
Old 06-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietdad View Post
Quote of the Century.

"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration"
I just finished reading yet a nother book on the pilgrims, and the King Phillip war. OMG!

I also have a shirt with native americans on it.. "Home land security since 1492".. I laughed when I saw it so had to buy one...

If osmeone wants to come here to the US..I say great welcome to America...here's the paper work see you in 7 years!

All I know is that in Russia they don't have Street signs in Spanish. That's my biggest complaint here in CA... ESL classes! and jack holes with out insurance..health or auto!

I now hand over my soap box..to.......????
Old 06-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Inactive User

Often when I hear some pundit say something like "...well we're not talking about deporting 12 million people. That just wouln't be feasable...", I usually can be heard yelling," Why not.? Why not?" Americans are can do people.
We wouln't wouldn't even have to deport all of them. Some, I'msure would go on their own, especially if we take the heavy lumber to American employers.
If that is what it takes to preserve our soveriegnty then paying higher prices for grapes is OK by me. Besides, the money saved for not providing services for these people could go back into our pockets.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmas67 View Post
...Besides, the money saved for not providing services for these people could go back into our pockets.
I often think the same but we all know that the money wouldn't come back to us. After all, it's the GOVERNMENT'S money, not OURS, right? Don't they know better than us how to spend those $$$?

(sarcasm OFF)
Old 06-27-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmas67 View Post
Besides, the money saved for not providing services for these people could go back into our pockets.
Why give it back to the taxpayers when they can use it to start another war?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kunkel View Post
Why give it back to the taxpayers when they can use it to start another war?
That's a great idea John. I'm thinking possibly Iran, Venezuela, or Syria. Only let's do it rob their oil so we can get a return on the investment.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Inactive User

In my life, however, I have never seen a piece of legislation that the American public, whether Lib or Con has agreed with each other on so much as this. I think the nuts and cowards need to get out of Washington, and let the REAL people of the USA represent our areas. :-) PCRMike
Old 06-28-2007, 07:16 PM

Wink

The people have prevailed. This rotten bill has been defeated, for now. Keep the politicians feet to the fire. Ted Kennedy moaned after the defeat "What do you want us to do? Deport 12 million people? Well that would be a good start! Realistically? close the southern border and prosecute employers who hire illegals.Without jobs, they will leave on their own. Then eliminate birthright citizenship. If we need laborers we can then give out "guest worker" visas. If these "guests" want to become citizens they can do so through the existing system we allready have.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdriver View Post
The people have prevailed. This rotten bill has been defeated, for now. Keep the politicians feet to the fire. Ted Kennedy moaned after the defeat "What do you want us to do? Deport 12 million people? Well that would be a good start! Realistically? close the southern border and prosecute employers who hire illegals.Without jobs, they will leave on their own. Then eliminate birthright citizenship. If we need laborers we can then give out "guest worker" visas. If these "guests" want to become citizens they can do so through the existing system we allready have.
If we prosecuted the employers enough so that the illegals wouldnt be able to get jobs up here, then there wouldnt be much need to close the boarders, they would no longer come. The other thing that we would need to do is stop giving them free healthcare and as soon as we know someone is an illegal, deport them, no "due process", just throw them on a bus and ship their asses back!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Inactive User

I agree. We don't have to go out and "round 'em up". But we DO need to tell the law enforcement folks to stop looking the other way when they find an illegal. When they're found, SEND 'EM BACK. And get tough with the employers who get by with the "wink-wink-nod-nod" hiring practices. Maybe the feds need to set up some sort of national database to make it easier for employers to verify the SSN (if Jose Gonzales uses a number tied to someone named Inga Svensen, it should be obvious something's wrong), but then hammer the employers who disregard it.

What I can't figger out is, WHY AREN'T THE LABOR UNIONS UP IN ARMS ABOUT 12 MILLION PLUS CHEAP WORKERS WHO ARE DRIVING THE AVERAGE PAY SCALES DOWN???

Is there a Union Goon on this board who can answer that? I just don't get it.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Inactive User

I was listening to Michael Savage yesterday and heard that the AFL/CIO was working behind the scenes, twisting arms to get this thing defeated.No specifics were given but maybe the unions didn't want to advertise that they were going against the Dems to kill this thing.
I hope the politicians learned something after all this.
We have a document that is very sacred to us and starts off in big letters with "WE THE PEOPLE...." not "WE THE POLITICIANS..."