Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Inactive User

Default The Aliens Are Coming!

Is this how the dinosaurs went out?

Wanna bet, the aliens are coming next???
The REAL ONES from outter space. I mean....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070918...uhealthoffbeat
Old 09-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Inactive User

[sarc] You mean the dinosaurs that lived side by side with humans a mere 6000 years ago?Where's the "pot stirring" smilie?

It's naive to think that we're the only semi intelligent life in the universe.It would be interesting to me to see how organized religion tries to explain their existence.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 PM

Biggrin

Right here.
Attached Images
File Type: gif stirthepot.gif (1.3 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 572 View Post
[sarc] You mean the dinosaurs that lived side by side with humans a mere 6000 years ago?Where's the "pot stirring" smilie?

It's naive to think that we're the only semi intelligent life in the universe.It would be interesting to me to see how organized religion tries to explain their existence.
Sure they did...where the heck you 'ys think "Barney" came from? After all, who would want to eat a purple dinosaur?

Now to actually answer that question....hhhmm, that depends on WHO's book you are reading...take one text book and it says we are all decended from apes.... and open another one and it said the dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid....open yet another...AND???..or better yet, open the Bible! LOL

I do wonder though...if those dinosaurs tasted anything like

Excuse me....I REALLY HAVE been out in the shop playing with automotive paints....so, I DO have an excuse to be a little on the silly side....
Old 09-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Inactive User

Wouldn't it be funny if this asteroid had released some sort of bacteria / virus that's going to destroy the human race in the next few months? Gawd, I better hurry up and finish my Challenger....
Old 09-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Inactive User

Side by side? You refer to the "Young Earth Theory". Look deeper than that. THe fossil record disproves that. As for the stab at the Biblical account, consider this:

Gen 1:1 states that "In the beginning God created the heaven (singular) and the earth"

Note please the singular term "heaven", being lower case. This is taken from teh same root word as would be used for space or universe, as there was no specific word in ancient Hebrew for the exactitudes of that.

Gen 1:2 states "and the Earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

With direct transliteration, it reads "made (context: caused) to be without form, and cased to be void, and darkness fell (implicating a previous state without) upon the face of the deep.

The simple explanation is this. We know and have seen fossil evidence that dinos lived millions of years ago. Science has seen evidence in the fossil record of a dying off of plant life, then plant eaters, and then meat eaters consistent with a lack of sunlight, caused by meteor or whatever. As the facts fall, the Bible also speaks of Lucifer, being given "princehood" ove rthe earth until time that he rebelled against God, and was cast to the earth, and the creation ("the world that then was"-Ezekiel) was destroyed. This is the reason why there are no "crossover species" actually found. There are no "tweeners" inthe fossil record. Look at the horse. There are fossils found for different animals that are in the same family, like Eohippus, pliohippus, mesohippus, etc. Scientists THEORIZE and extrapolate things like animals must come from other animals. Not so.

The Bible clearly dictates in writings thousands of years old, before modern science, and before fossils, that there was a creation (dinosaurs) millions of years ago, a great disaster happened, whether be design, accident or due to Satan's fall (I beheld Satan fall as a great star from heaven-Also in Ezekiel) but darkness did cover the earth and cause the end to most all life, in agreement with Genesis 1:2.

The Bible also states the existence of a previous creation in the phrase to Adam and Eve, "Be fruitful, multiply, and REplenish the earth." How can you replenish something that was not at one time "plenished". Same exact root word was used to Noah after the ark, (also a lot of evidence to the worldwide flood) when he was told to "replenish the earth". Both times were the same root, as they were not told to "fill" the earth, as if for the first time.

Next time you listen to a crackpot tell you man came from apes, ask to see the evidence as in real fossils of the so-called "early man". The fact is, they do not exist. Some anthropods have lived, and died out, but 8 out of 10 listed on the evolutionary chart have never, ever been found. Also, the chart showing things like the previously mentioned horses, there are a lot more species mentioned which have never been found yet. Scientists (so called) have had to put animals that have never been found into the lists to make their plan work. I have studied this for over 20 years, and started on teh other side of hte fence. I don't let anyone tell me what to think, I think for myself, and when I studied these passages in the Bible, and compared with the original Hebrew, I was shocked and amazed.

The young earth theory is the same, except it is done by "Christian" scientists who try the same trick, bend facts to fit their theory. See "Piltdown Man", or "Sussex Man" for examples of trying to fool the scienctists. Piltdown man was used as a showgase of proof of evoluiton until it was found nearly 30 years later to have teeth filed down and painted black, and turned red not by minerals, but by acid. Learn it for yourself, and don't discount the Biblical record because a stuffed shirt tells you to. Learn for yourself. :-)PCRMike
Old 09-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Inactive User

As to other intelligent life, I have read and reread te Bible cover to cover, and it never says we are the only ones. No explanation needed. We can BELIEVE what we want, but the facts are still facts. If there is not a fact, it is just theory. I know what I read, what it said, and for that to be written over 2K years ago, no accident. :-)PCRMike
Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman Stephan View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if this asteroid had released some sort of bacteria / virus that's going to destroy the human race in the next few months? Gawd, I better hurry up and finish my Challenger....
Yeah, real funny! That would be great!

Sometimes I wonder about you CaNaDiAnS.........and worry because you are in the way to the rest of my Country....................

But then, I think of the Mexican Truckers..........

Good post Mike, I was waiting!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Inactive User

all your base are belong to us!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman Stephan View Post
If such a thing does exist, or did happen, wanna bet that it would have MADE IN CHINA stamped on the underside???
Old 09-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Inactive User

MW, ROFL! PCRMike
Old 09-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Inactive User

Very well put PCRMIKE. Very well put.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Witch View Post
If such a thing does exist, or did happen, wanna bet that it would have MADE IN CHINA stamped on the underside???
Only if it were painted with lead based paint, contained large amounts of rat poison, or contained large amounts of anti-freeze.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Residents complained of headaches and vomiting brought on by a "strange odor," local health department official Jorge Lopez told Peruvian radio RPP.
Sorry man... I think that I had too many Rosarita refries the other night. I knew that it stank, but I didn't think it would put anyone in the hospital...