Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Inactive User

Default What if 20 Million Aliens Left America

Something to ponder;
http://www.drlaura.com/letters/index...ile=1&id=14943
Old 11-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Don't tease me like that!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Inactive User

Not to mention that it would save billions annually in healthcare costs for treating illegals that cant or wont pay.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:06 AM

Some of them aren't so bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alienlovedoll2.jpg (78.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 11-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Inactive User

After the departure we might change the national anthum to "O Happy Day".
Old 11-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoga View Post
Some of them aren't so bad.
I dont even want to know where you found that!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
What if 20 Million Aliens Left America
our roofs wouldn't get replaced?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Inactive User

Here's a little fly for your feel good ointment. This story is played out all over the country in many other venues. Let me preface this by saying that I am not a bleeding heart liberal. In fact I think illegal immigration is a serious problem but on to my tale. I've got 4 guys working for me who were initially smuggled in illegal immigrants. When these guys arrived they knew zero English and had just the clothes on their backs. They all worked illegally doing whatever they could do for money. Eventually each one of them was able to obtain green cards and legally come to work for the company where I am the plant manager. They have all learned fluent English and each of them busts his ass for me. They are, hands down, my best workers. Two of them are now U.S. citizens like you and I and both of these guys own their own homes here in California.
How many of you are Native Americans? It's not always what it seems. -Bob
Old 11-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Inactive User

Big difference Bob.My ancestors came through Ellis Island-the legal way.The mostly Mexicans are coming in illegally and deriving a huge benefit from it.

The only 2 reasons I hear from pro immigration advocates to let illegals in are:
1.They do jobs We won't do.
2.Their strong sense of family.

Let's start a list of the negatives:
1.Gangs
2.Grafitti
3.Overtax social services
4.Raise the crime rate
5.Stagnate or lower wages
6.Drug dealing
7.Drive up healthcare
8.Refuse to learn the language and/or assimilate
9.Overtax the prison system
10. Commit felony crimes then run to Mexico to avoid prosecution
11.Work off the books
12.Drive without licenses and/or insurance

I'm sure more could be added.Point is,these are all things We could do without.

http://www.moparchat.com/forums/show...ht=immigration

I added the link to this thread bob as it dropped off of page 2.What do you think of this new reason for pro immigration?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Inactive User

Add dont pay taxes and take/send money out of our country regularly to be spent elsewhere (not always illegally but money doesnt come back here in most cases) to that list!

Bob, this thread has nothing to do with legal immigration.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973Swinger View Post
Add dont pay taxes and take/send money out of our country
I read that remittances to Mexico from foreign nationals are the 3rd largest source of funds to their economy.Agriculture being the 2nd and oil the 1st.It's no wonder the Mexican president wants more Mexicans to come here.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:24 PM

The 4 guys that Bob is talking about were illegal, when they first came here. The difference is, they wanted to be contributing members of our society, so they busted their buts to make it happen.

The fact is, people like that account for a very small fraction of the illegals.

And yes, my maternal great grandmother was of the Choctaw Nation. The rest of my ancestry came into this country legally.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Inactive User

what would happen if all the non-us citizens left????

I would be happy.

You know what people use to do before cheap labor???? They did it them selfs or the hired a guy from in town to do it.

When america became transiant that's when it really when to hell in a hurry!

I won't hire non-documented...even if a guy named frank...not francisco would cost more!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:53 PM

I recently received a flier for a private home improvement contractor. He states that he is licensed, insured, and uses NO day laborers. I like that he is proud to advertise that he does not use illegal immigrants.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Inactive User

[QUOTE=ehostler;712706]The 4 guys that Bob is talking about were illegal, when they first came here. The difference is, they wanted to be contributing members of our society, so they busted their buts to make it happen.

The fact is, people like that account for a very small fraction of the illegals.

I don't know what percentage is of this type and which is of the other type that we speak of. I do know that I am glad these 4 made it. I am not, in any fashion, pro illegals. I just pointed out an instance where it worked.

-what would happen if all the non-us citizens left????

Sounds good on the surface but there would be some far reaching negative ramifications as well. Like it or not they have become well engrained in our society. -Bob
Old 11-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Inactive User

...traffic in SoCal would be considerably better and safer.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust View Post
...traffic in SoCal would be considerably better and safer.
i Agree whit you on that one....
Old 11-27-2007, 05:28 PM

I wonder what percentage of the illegals who gain citizenship still send some of their wages back down south rather than spend it in the local community like native-borns. So, they're still a burden on the economy.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr View Post
-what would happen if all the non-us citizens left????

Sounds good on the surface but there would be some far reaching negative ramifications as well. Like it or not they have become well engrained in our society. -Bob
Yep, then the unemployed citizens would have to start taking the low paying jobs, like picking tomatoes or working the counter at Taco Bell.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehostler View Post
Yep, then the unemployed citizens would have to start taking the low paying jobs, like picking tomatoes or working the counter at Taco Bell.
Ed, you're on to something.

What I've noticed here is that no white teenagers want to take fast food/entry level jobs because they're all filled with Latinos.The Latinos only speak Spanish and poke fun at the white kids.The white kids are the minority,and I halfway don't blame them for not wanting to work in that environment in the USA.

If the illegals left I think the white kids would take those jobs and maybe get a little experience in the work-world.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 572 View Post

What I've noticed here is that no white teenagers want to take fast food/entry level jobs because they're all filled with Latinos.The Latinos only speak Spanish and poke fun at the white kids.The white kids are the minority,and I halfway don't blame them for not wanting to work in that environment in the USA.

If the illegals left I think the white kids would take those jobs and maybe get a little experience in the work-world.

Dave.. you hit the nail on the F'n head
Old 11-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 572 View Post

I'm not sure that would happen. I have a 19 year old of my own and I just don't think that the present generation of kids has a strong grasp of reality. I think the post you made in another thread hit the nail on the head. I think we have raised a generation of laziness and false expectations, though maybe if they get hungry enough lessons could still be learned. -Bob
Old 11-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
I'm not sure that would happen. I have a 19 year old of my own and I just don't think that the present generation of kids has a strong grasp of reality. I think the post you made in another thread hit the nail on the head. I think we have raised a generation of laziness and false expectations, though maybe if they get hungry enough lessons could still be learned. -Bob
I am going to sound like someones mom I just know it.

Bob, It's your job to instill fear and a work ethic in your children. I live here in NewPort Beach, We have a house keeper, gardner and my wife thinks she should treat our 13 year old like Beaver Cleaver(sp?)... I on the other hand kick his ass every chance I get. I take him to one of my business in the summer and make him work. I give him a ton of chores and if his grades ever drop below a B in GATE classes..he's on restriction!

When you and I were kids(not sure how old you are or where you grew up?) our parents instilled a work ethic in us that I think still stands today... you want something you have to work for it.

My kid was born with a silver spoon so far up his ass that it drove me crazy... My wife is one of those people that's does not want her children going through what she did when she was a kid. I say..work, work and more work... If I fail to instill that in him it's like you I think...not for lack of trying... But, for the next 5 or 7 years...I'm kicking his ass!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by memnoch451 View Post
I am going to sound like someones mom I just know it.

Bob, It's your job to instill fear and a work ethic in your children. I live here in NewPort Beach, We have a house keeper, gardner and my wife thinks she should treat our 13 year old like Beaver Cleaver(sp?)... I on the other hand kick his ass every chance I get. I take him to one of my business in the summer and make him work. I give him a ton of chores and if his grades ever drop below a B in GATE classes..he's on restriction!

When you and I were kids(not sure how old you are or where you grew up?) our parents instilled a work ethic in us that I think still stands today... you want something you have to work for it.

My kid was born with a silver spoon so far up his ass that it drove me crazy... My wife is one of those people that's does not want her children going through what she did when she was a kid. I say..work, work and more work... If I fail to instill that in him it's like you I think...not for lack of trying... But, for the next 5 or 7 years...I'm kicking his ass!
The way you are with your kid is the way everyone should be with their kids. Unfortunately most arent and that is half the reason why this country is in the shape that it is. Too many "parents" for too many years have instilled a sense of entitlement in their kids rather than a good work ethic and respect for others. I watched a movie not too long ago that was about the future dumbing down of our society, it hit a little too close to getting the nail on the head to be very funny. I think the name of the movie was Idiocracy or something like that. I know that I was also taught that I need to work for what I have and that nothing would be handed to me. I try to instill the same values in my daughter, although her mother is one of the entitlement kids, which makes it tough, but I will always try my hardest to steer her the right way.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Inactive User

"When you and I were kids(not sure how old you are or where you grew up?) our parents instilled a work ethic in us that I think still stands today... you want something you have to work for it."

I'm 51 and grew up in a working class family in Alhambra, Ca. I rode a cobbled up skateboard because my parents couldn't afford to buy me a bike. I know what it's like to have nothing. I even had to miss my senior year of varsity football because I had to work. My working during my senior year of HS not only cost me a possible college athletic scholarship it caused my grades to suffer as well. My GPA went from 3.65 average my sophmore and junior years to a 3.25 finish. I want better for my kids. I told my son early on that if he kept his grades up in H.S. and college he would not have to work. So far he has done that. He is in his second year on a partial academic scholarship at Detroit College of Creative Studies-a world renowned art studies institution. Besides paying the balance of his tuition I also bought him a brand new Jeep Liberty 4X4 to make sure he is able to get to school. Is he spoiled? Probably but as his parent I see it as my job to make his learning years as productive as possible. I don't want to have him in the same position as I was in. He is a little clueless on what it takes to make it but right now I am O.K. with that. You kiss your kids because you want them to kiss theirs. I hope that's how it turns out. What's the topic again? -Bob
Old 11-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973Swinger View Post
The way you are with your kid is the way everyone should be with their kids. Unfortunately most arent and that is half the reason why this country is in the shape that it is. Too many "parents" for too many years have instilled a sense of entitlement in their kids rather than a good work ethic and respect for others. I watched a movie not too long ago that was about the future dumbing down of our society, it hit a little too close to getting the nail on the head to be very funny. I think the name of the movie was Idiocracy or something like that. I know that I was also taught that I need to work for what I have and that nothing would be handed to me. I try to instill the same values in my daughter, although her mother is one of the entitlement kids, which makes it tough, but I will always try my hardest to steer her the right way.

There's nothing wrong with a little old fashion work for kids these days...I don't beat my kid like I got taken to the wood shed when I was a kid. But, in lew of that I want respect, his attention when I'm talking and for him to ask for help when he needs it.

I know that there is the internet, 500 channels on HDTV and all the other stuff kids do these days. And it's all good as they say. The only reason I like the past and how things use to be is that people treated people better and could perhaps be "shamed" into good behavior. These days people just don't seem to care..unless you're in a red state...lol ok just kidding!

OK back to the issue...

I think kids and adults would fill in the gaps left by the so called "cheap labor" why not change some of the SS laws so those who are retired could work more if they choose and have a lower tax rate for that and anyone who makes less then 20k a year. So many wifes won't work because of the taxes paid for that second job... and I think many would like to work as a way to get out for a little bit each week.... So, it all boils down to a revamping of the current tax laws and people paying a fair tax. IMO
Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
"When you and I were kids(not sure how old you are or where you grew up?) our parents instilled a work ethic in us that I think still stands today... you want something you have to work for it."

I'm 51 and grew up in a working class family in Alhambra, Ca. I rode a cobbled up skateboard because my parents couldn't afford to buy me a bike. I know what it's like to have nothing. I even had to miss my senior year of varsity football because I had to work. My working during my senior year of HS not only cost me a possible college athletic scholarship it caused my grades to suffer as well. My GPA went from 3.65 average my sophmore and junior years to a 3.25 finish. I want better for my kids. I told my son early on that if he kept his grades up in H.S. and college he would not have to work. So far he has done that. He is in his second year on a partial academic scholarship at Detroit College of Creative Studies-a world renowned art studies institution. Besides paying the balance of his tuition I also bought him a brand new Jeep Liberty 4X4 to make sure he is able to get to school. Is he spoiled? Probably but as his parent I see it as my job to make his learning years as productive as possible. I don't want to have him in the same position as I was in. He is a little clueless on what it takes to make it but right now I am O.K. with that. You kiss your kids because you want them to kiss theirs. I hope that's how it turns out. What's the topic again? -Bob

I know we got so far off the topic I had to look beforeending my last post...lmao

I want the world for my kid and all kids... Kids should have something to look forward to.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Inactive User

20 million illegals leaving...wow...does that mean we'd get "our country" back? I would no longer have to "press one for english"? deal with a ballot in 3 to 5 languages? have a large % of my taxes going to pay for their social services? worry that the next time I get in an accident that the unlicensed driver will abandon his uninsured vehicle and run?
What can we do to make this dream come true....
Old 12-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Inactive User

Stop it. You're getting me all excited.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Inactive User

Here's my immigration plan.I'd guess you'd get a few million out of the country with it.

Forget the fence.The Mexicans will build a taller ladder or dig a deeper tunnel.

Draw down 10,000-20,000 soldiers out of Iraq and put them on the border,so when We're shot at by the drug lords, we can shoot back.

Hire more INS agents and add them to what we already have and disperse them throught the US to conduct random audits/raids on all employers.Once the employers and illegals get wind of this it'll almost be over.The second part to this,is that you advertise in all the media that if the illegals are caught in a raid they'll be fingerprinted and never allowed back into the US under any circumstances.However, if they leave voluntarily they can apply for a green card on a first come first serve basis.I suspect a lot will leave on their own and take their wives and kids.

Seize assets of employers caught hiring illegals and funnel that money back into the INS for more agents.They are operating a criminal enterprise and it should treated as such.

Try to get the 14th amendment changed to remove the "anchor baby" benefit we have now.

There now,problem solved.Can I be President now?