Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:11 AM

Default Appropriate Posts

Dear Members,

Please be considerate of others when you make or reply to a post. Don't use hateful or hurtful words. Don't "call someone out" or make a challenge. Don't make threats. Give the other guy a break and the benefit of the doubt. You may think he is an asshat, but don't point it out. Intelligent people visit this board and don't need help deciding who is worth listening to and who isn't.

If someone asks if a product or procedure is good, don't say "It's junk" or suggest the person is "stupid" for considering it. There are other ways to post your experience and knowledge about a product without ripping it or the poster down.

One could say "It's crap, don't waste your money." Not acceptable. Better to say "In my experience, brand A has not performed nearly as well as brand B. I had a lot of failures with brand A and brand B has been a better choice for me."

More words but they are not demeaning and don't send tempers up the wall.

We would much rather read and enjoy the various posts and threads, than delete or edit them. You folks have done a good job in the past of policing yourselves. I trust everyone will get back on track.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Inactive User

Well spoken, Dick.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:02 AM
Inactive User

Hi Dick, thats all well and good, and i understand what your saying. A certain member on here was attacked for giving perfectly sane advice, infact he suggested what well know manufactures do to there products. Then a certain person goes on with name calling, and probobly got cut because people then turned on him, well you know what, he can rumble on out of here. We don`t need members like that, and i hope you have dealt with him the punishment he deserves.

Adrian
Old 11-08-2008, 03:42 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Dear Members,

Please be considerate of others when you make or reply to a post. Don't use hateful or hurtful words. Don't "call someone out" or make a challenge. Don't make threats. Give the other guy a break and the benefit of the doubt. You may think he is an asshat, but don't point it out. Intelligent people visit this board and don't need help deciding who is worth listening to and who isn't.

If someone asks if a product or procedure is good, don't say "It's junk" or suggest the person is "stupid" for considering it. There are other ways to post your experience and knowledge about a product without ripping it or the poster down.

One could say "It's crap, don't waste your money." Not acceptable. Better to say "In my experience, brand A has not performed nearly as well as brand B. I had a lot of failures with brand A and brand B has been a better choice for me."

More words but they are not demeaning and don't send tempers up the wall.

We would much rather read and enjoy the various posts and threads, than delete or edit them. You folks have done a good job in the past of policing yourselves. I trust everyone will get back on track.
DICK,
ln reply to what you said --- l totally agree that is why l put a post up ending the dispute with the other members telling them that it was over and done.
Then 3 days later Rumblfish decides to send me TWO PRIVATE EMAILS AS well as posting them on the forum attacking me as well as YOURSELF and abusing me and making threats, and then as he BLOCKED HIS PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS l was left to reply on the forum also.
If you want a copy of the emails l will send them to you.
If you don't like my response, you can take action and if you decide to take me of the register... fine but you do the right thing and take the other person who is starting the trouble off as well.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Inactive User

Dick, I aplogise to you and the board because I have not taken the high road all the time. I'll do better. Walkercolt
Old 02-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Inactive User

LOL

Yeah, I'm sorry too, Dick.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM

Biggrin

It only took you 3 months...
Old 02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Banned

Yeah, since Frank apologized, I guess I have to too......... Sorry about the N&*%^%^ Rich statement.......... And the DW thread, and calling Frank an old fart.....
Old 02-28-2009, 01:45 AM

And I'm going to chill as well, I'm just almost relieved to find out I'm not the only reactionary one here! Well, in all honesty, I already knew that.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:59 AM
Banned

Group Hug! !
Old 02-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Inactive User

As a newbie it sounds like youall have some good times on this page and you know how to settle your problems,and that is what makes this a good place to learn about me Dodge. Keep up thte good work and suggestions,I also have T-bird and their web page is good just like this one.
Bob M
Old 02-28-2009, 11:25 AM

Time to gang up on the new guy. He comes to a MOPAR forum and admits to having a FORD product... lol Just kidding...
Old 02-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
Yeah, since Frank apologized, I guess I have to too......... Sorry about the N&*%^%^ Rich statement.......... And the DW thread, and calling Frank an old fart.....

Sap.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Inactive User

rolleyes2

Well back in my younger days when I made shime in the hills that was the fastest car on the road and I had to make delivery on time.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:52 PM

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob M View Post
Well back in my younger days when I made shime in the hills that was the fastest car on the road and I had to make delivery on time.
What car is that and how did it get in the Appropriate Posts thread?
Old 06-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Inactive User

I wish to thank the Board Moderators for removing the thread"whats Obama saying" with Walkercolts disrespectfull and shamefull comments on our comrads in arms.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Walker's comments were not the only ones that resulted in the thread being retired.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Inactive User

Dick, I'm sorry to you, not to the person who attacked me personally, not my opinions or thoughts. But last time I checked, Canada wasn't one of the states in the US, and the US wasn't part of Canada. When I was Ham operator, I could just tune past the Commies and the other nut-jobs. Now I get a message in my e-mail box, that the first sentance of is derogatory at best, inflammitory, racist, bigioted, and anti-American to most people I've shown it to(15 so far). I'll try hard not to "play", but a few things, I won't stand for. If I decide to leave the board, I'll miss most of you. Some, I won't.
I RAN away from what was supposed to be a "silver photograpy" forum when the dig-whiz's took it over and told all the rest of us we were fools. Then probably the greatest B&W silver photographer alive today started his own site, and I roost there.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkercolt View Post
Dick, I'm sorry to you, not to the person who attacked me personally, not my opinions or thoughts. But last time I checked, Canada wasn't one of the states in the US, and the US wasn't part of Canada. When I was Ham operator, I could just tune past the Commies and the other nut-jobs. Now I get a message in my e-mail box, that the first sentance of is derogatory at best, inflammitory, racist, bigioted, and anti-American to most people I've shown it to(15 so far). I'll try hard not to "play", but a few things, I won't stand for. If I decide to leave the board, I'll miss most of you. Some, I won't.
I RAN away from what was supposed to be a "silver photograpy" forum when the dig-whiz's took it over and told all the rest of us we were fools. Then probably the greatest B&W silver photographer alive today started his own site, and I roost there.
Well, I guess Walkercolt has decided that only citizens of the U.S.A. are entitled to post comments here, and that anyone else is a "commie, nut-job, racist, bigoted, and anti-American" I'll leave it at that.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Inactive User

Hmm...now 22 other people I've shown it to at the hobby shop agree with me. I didn't decide anything. I just made a statement of fact.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:16 AM

OK, no more. Take it to PM if you guys want to hash it out.