Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2010, 08:17 AM

Default The Nag in our Future

Yesterday my son was approached by one of the kids that's in some of his classes. The kid started giving my son grief about our Jeep (he saw me pick my son up the other day). He said that they were unsafe because they roll over, that they waste gas because they only get 10 mpg and that it has less room inside than his mom's car...a Prius.

My son comes home annoyed with this kid at least once a week; last week it was because my son had a ham sandwich for lunch instead of his usual PBJ. "Eating meat requires murder." was his protest that time.

His stories about this kid are amusing until I think that this could be our future. I've sensed a growing philosophical mind set that free choice isn't a good thing. Folks are more willing to defer to the smart guy in the room because that person knows best. I honestly believe some people want to be ruled, not represented. I don't know if this is because life is just too complicated or if folks are becoming lazy.